Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 proof of usage is not accurate.

KRB78
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 32 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Need proof of usage for an insurance claim but o2 have gave me a report saying I last used my phone a full week before its last usage, making my insurance claim void. 
 I’m now looking for ways to prove this, I made calls, sent photos, and messages (which they didn’t seem to log!!!). All of them would have used date as no Wi-Fi in the remote locations. 
 Since o2 are not giving accurate usage, I need to find ways to prove it. I’ve printed out photos from my mums phone with my number and the date and time, also my brothers call log. Can anyone advise on the next steps I should take?   This is a nightmare, I’ve spent a lot of time on the phone and writing emails about this. O2 seems to have really let me down 

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

KRB78
  • 32 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is the exact process my insurance requested …

Thank you for taking the time to discuss your claim details with me today. To assist us with the assessment of your claim, please provide the following supporting documentation:

Proof of usage document O2 – A Proof of Usage must confirm the make and model of the device, the first and last dates the device was used with your SIM card, along with the IMEI number and/or serial number. Your network provider will be able to provide this, but please note a Proof of Usage is not an itemised bill.

iCloud Screenshots

Screenshot of the iCloud account showing device registered -

•          Please visit www.icloud.com
  •          You will need to log in using your unique Apple ID and password.
  •          Please go to the top right-hand corner of the screen, and you will see your name or a picture icon.
  •          You will need to click on the arrow and select iCloud settings or Manage Apple ID (depending on the device you are using). Please note, you may be asked to log in again at this point.
  •          If you are using a PC, then your device will be displayed on the screen. However, if you are using mobile device or tablet, please click ‘Devices’.
  •          This page will show the devices that are connected to your account. Please take a screenshot at this point.
  •          You will then need to click the device in question, which will then display the IMEI/Serial Number information, once this is displayed, please take a screenshot here.

Screenshots of the phone in lost mode -

•          Please visit www.icloud.com
  •          Please click on “Find iPhone”.
  •          You will then need to click on “All Devices” and it should open a drop-down list.
  •          Please select the iPhone in question.
  •          Once you have selected the iPhone, you will be given the option of placing the device in ‘Lost Mode’. Please place the device in ‘Lost Mode’ and screenshot this screen once completed.
  •          Then, please click on your name in the top right corner and go ontoiCloud settings”.
  •          You will need to select the iPhone in question, and it will display the last 4 digits of the IMEI number and Serial number – Please take a screenshot here.

PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE FIND MY IPHONE OR REMOVE THE DEVICE FROM YOUR ICLOUD ACCOUNT – WE MAY LOOK TO CLOSE YOUR CLAIM IF YOU DO

Screenshot of the Apple ID account showing device registered -

•          Please visit https://appleid.apple.com/
  •          Once you are logged in, please scroll down to show your devices, you should see your handset here.
  •          Please take a screenshot of this page ensuring the IMEI/Serial number of the device are visible.

Secondary IMEI for the phone been claimed for – This can obtained from the side of the box or the retailer. This is so we can block the device. If you are unable to provide this, then your claim will be on hold.

To avoid any delays, please reply to this email with the required documents attached and your claim number in the subject line. Once received, we will assess the documentation provided, and be back in touch with you as soon as possible

Message 21 of 39

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions

@KRB78 

Send the bill to your insurance.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 22 of 39

KRB78
  • 32 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That’s pointless, they asked for a usage report of my phone not the sim. So it’s all on o2 now, they need to say which phone used the data between 17/4 and 24/4. If they do this then the claim should be back on but assuring did say I had a week , so it could be that o2 will have to pay out since it was their error which might have made my claim invalid! 

Message 23 of 39

KRB78
  • 32 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Here is an update…. 

dave looked into my phone number and told me it was last used in my iPhone 12 Pro Max on 22/4/24. 

that phone died in November 2023 and had not been used with my SIM card since I arrived in Thailand on 31/10/23 .  The iPhone 15 pro max which I am talking about was the replacement for that one!!!!!

What is going on 😆

Message 24 of 39

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10573 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3093 Solutions

@KRB78 

So where was your iPhone lost / stolen??  UK Or Thailand??

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 25 of 39

KRB78
  • 32 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My iPhone 12 Pro Max (purchased July 2021) stopped working when I was in Thailand in November 2023. I was using a Thai sim at the time so this is nothing to do with my insurance claim here and is only confusing ,matters…. In Thailand I had my old iPhone X with me so used that until I purchased  the phone I’m making the insurance claim for *My IPHONE 15 PRO Max in February 2024, it was lost in the uk on the 24th of April 2024. That was the last date it was used. My replacement sim received on 26th April 2024, and has been used in an iPhone SE since then as I wait for my insurance claim to conclude…however o2 said I last used it on 17/4/24. Here’s where it gets confusing, Dave was doing a bit of research and got back to me saying my iPhone 12 Pro Max was last used with my sim on 22/4/24. This is nonsense I’m afraid. It was just repaired and has not been used with any sim since it died in November 2023. Perhaps he means my iPhone 15 and confused the numbers but who knows….The farce continues. 

Message 26 of 39

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7086 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

You say you bought the iPhone 15.

I know when I bought a phone last year it took O2 over 3 months to catch up with the IMEI.

O2 aside I have to say I've never seen such stringet criteria for claimes with an insurance company. Seem designed to make paying out as difficult as possible.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 27 of 39

KRB78
  • 32 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Enill, thanks for that info. Yes these insurance company’s are desperate to get out of this. I suspect they are well aware that these usage reports are flawed. Useless reports indeed. They try to treat any communication now as a formal complaint so they can respond to it prematurely , before I’ve gathered all the evidence, I could provide.  Indeed it indicates an overly zealous intent to close down any claim review process prematurely.  
 Anyone else in similar position do not give up. Be completely honest and stick to the facts. Log names of who you speak to and also the time you spend on it as time is money and o2 are wasting a lot of my time with their useless usage reports .

Message 28 of 39

KRB78
  • 32 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have now written and mailed 2 formal complaints to the insurance company. The first is about them treating any communication as a formal complaint, and the second is about the rejection of my claim, now that I have the evidence which backs up my claim .  I’ll let y’all know when they respond. 

Message 29 of 39

KRB78
  • 32 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 advises their phone charge accrual may be in arrears of events, so perhaps by making an immediate request for a usage report on the day I lost my iPhone 15, and immediately after speaking to my insurance company who advised to move quickly, I received an incorrect usage report which o2 are either unable to or unwilling to revise.…  “  This date is unable to be changed on any proof of usage that we send out for this device. “  Further explanation needed about exactly why it’s unable to be changed may help to clear things up.  

Message 30 of 39