cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 have wrecked my credit rating

Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to have an O2 pay monthly device and tarriff. I decided to pay off the device early and cancelled my tariff. This was all done late 2017.

Now I have had a mortgage application declined because my credit file shows that I have an outstanding loan with O2 that I have not paid for 4 months!

Who can I contact in O2 to correct this? This is a serior error on O2 part which has now caused a huge issue for me.

Thanks

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Cleoriff
  • 125860 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

Good news @Anonymous Hope all goes well for you now wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 34

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the update @Anonymous! I'm happy this has been resolved for you. smiling

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 22 of 34

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93958 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions
Message 23 of 34

RK1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My credit score has also been wrecked by O2 and I'm unable to get a mortgage.  Would someone please advise how to resolve this.  Thank you

Message 24 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 125860 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

@Martin-O2 @Marjo ?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 34

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Cleoriffslight_smile

@RK1 I've replied to your message, please take a look and get back to me when you have a minute. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 26 of 34

ADS1
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Would you believe it, My Mortgage has been refused too due to me changing my tarriff after the contract ran out earlier in the year and raised its ugly head on my credit rating. Not a happy person. Ive tried several times to contact customers services but the automated system is not the best as the issue is unquie.

Im actually relocating with work to a different part of the country and dont need this inconvenience at present........ sorry rant over

I did see an address and contact details to sort this issue out. thanks 

Message 27 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 125860 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

@ADS1 

I'll ask our account advisors to look at this for you tomorrow.

@O2Lisa @O2Daniel are you able to assist here please?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 34

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Thank you for the tag @Cleoriff smiling

I will private message you now @ADS1 and get this looked in to for you.

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 34

Woodrow92
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all,

My credit rating has been wrecked for no reason and now me and my partner risk losing our dream property because our mortgage is not being approved with my current credit rating.

5 years ago I upgraded from my then contract and in the process I had 1 last payment from my old contract which was not collected by O2. This payment was for £27 and on my credit score looks like it was 5 months in arrears. No one told me about this payment or gave me any warning. My bank details never changed when I upgraded, why wasn’t the payment just taken out as I used to pay by direct debit? I only found it what happened when the mortgage lender said something was wrong with my credit score and to my shock found this entry from O2.

I called O2 three times in the past week and each customer advisor has told me a different process to get this removed. Every time I get told that it will take 24 or 48 or 72 hours for someone to get back to me. It has been a week and no one has got back to me or even acknowledged my issue.

Please can someone help? I’ve been an O2 customer for 7 years and have paid every payment on time by direct debit. My bank details have been the same since I first joined O2. Please can someone help me urgently! We’re trying to get this property against a deadline and would be a shame to lose it over a mistake 😞
Message 30 of 34