Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 contract customers face 3.2% price hike from February

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/News/23540/O2_contract_customers_face_3.2_price_hike_from_February.aspx

Never welcomed News I'm affraid.

Just a shame it's had to happen.

So no network Is amune from the price increase now 😢

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 1 of 185
184 REPLIES 184

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146101 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28151 Solutions
Just sayin, and you would know if you had read the contract (as you said) that no where have I seen the words "fixed payment" written. If you have that in your contract you have just cause for complaint.... And yes, you are correct, the 4G license needs to be paid somehow or else O2 will be non competitive against the other networks.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 101 of 185

Anonymous
Not applicable
@MI5 as repeatedly stated I was given a summary, not the ts and cs. I wasn't given the ts and cs before and after signing. I had only been given the summary.

Understandable that they have to reap the costs.
But in all honesty, after thinking long and hard about the proposed 4G, I had long ago decided that I would not opt for it. Amazing as it sounds I don't need or want it. Why should I help to pay for something I don't need or want?

Makes me sad inside.
Message 102 of 185

MI5
  • 146101 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28151 Solutions
The same thing happened with the 3G auctions. Many said they didn't want or need 3G but now everyone does. In a couple of years 4G will be the "norm" and everyone will be using it. It's just investment in the business that is required for O2 to remain competitive.

The T&C's are available on the website for all to read and you are given a 7 day cooling off period in which you can take the time to read the contract and decide if you want to keep the phone or not....

Just some points for debate wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 103 of 185

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
The T&C's are available on the website for all to read and you are given a 7 day cooling off period in which you can take the time to read the contract and decide if you want to keep the phone or not....

You cannot be serious, because I'm signing a contract that could be worth a couple of thousand pounds over the next two years, you think I should read the contract too??? slight_frown

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 104 of 185

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why do I think Perksie did not get his full 8 hours sleep last night?:smileytongue:

Message 105 of 185

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Sums it up really:D
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 106 of 185

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Why do I think Perksie did not get his full 8 hours sleep last night?:smileytongue:

You didn't believe I meant that did you? Smiley LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 107 of 185

MI5
  • 146101 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28151 Solutions
What was that quote.... Gullible is the only word that does not return any Google results wink
Message 108 of 185

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not at all Perksie but your alter ego has been at work to day. tongue

Message 109 of 185

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Not at all Perksie but your alter ego has been at work to day. tongue

Has it really, I'll go back to bed now then?

Message 110 of 185