cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Channel Islands?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, i was looking through the available bolt-ons for an international package that had inclusive minutes to the channel islands/Jersey but could not find one.

Is there any package or arrangement that can made through o2 that would allow for international calls from a UK o2 phone to Jersey landlines and mobiles that gave an allowance of minutes for a fixed monthly bolt on cost?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/calling_abroad_from_uk

That should help show you prices for calling abroad from your phone and any available deals to reduce costs.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/calling_abroad_from_uk

That should help show you prices for calling abroad from your phone and any available deals to reduce costs.

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right, thankyou! I've had a look at the cost to call the Channel Islands from an o2 phone to either a mobile or landline and it says it will be charged at 'standard rates'. Does this mean it will be merely be part of my consumed minutes allowance, or does it mean it will be charged at a standard international rate? I can't find a price for the latter if that is the case.

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

The former - it is as if you are making a call within the UK.

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thankyou Opium, very helpful! If this is true my friend will be very happy, as she is currently paying through the nose to call the channel islands on her '3' network.
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anytime slight_smile

Just make sure your friend clarifies this when she takes out her contract/Pay As You Go at point of sale.

I could be wrong - but do Channel Islands not use UK prefixes for their numbers anyway?

Message 6 of 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Check the full T&c it always excluded the mobile numbers of the chanel islands

for example for pay monthly T&C say

Inclusive minutes can't be used for calls made to:

• non-geographic numbers (starting 08, 05);
  • non-standard or "special" 07 numbers (all those 07 numbers that are not specifically included in your inclusive minutes, including 07 numbers allocated to network operators in Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man);

Standard could just be 35p a minute not included

I think the international pages are very confusing in there new format the old tables were clearer

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was hoping to get one of the international bolt-ons for the extra £10/£20 a month but quickly realised the Channel islands are not included in the package 😞 As far using UK prefixes, yes they do but other networks such as '3' still charge 46p per minute to call there even though they are +44 numbers.
I guess my best option is to visit an o2 shop and have them find the relevant information for me.
Message 8 of 8