cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mastercard giftcard just some Fraudulent Scam?

Clark5119
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Took out a Samsung S23 FE in February, was due to receive the Mastercard by April 18. On April 16 I was emailed by o2claims claiming I wasnt eligible because my account was not upto date, it was. I emailed them for them to tell me o2 informs them of eligibility and to contact o2. 

I contacted o2 who apologised for the inconvience, credited £10 to my bill and reissued the Mastercard again. I now had to wait until May 28, thats ok I can wait I thought.

Once again as the card is due I receive yet another email from o2claims, this time they claim I reduced the data allowance on my contract so I'm no longer eligible, this is a flat out lie, my contract has never been changed in any way shape or form.

So I call the number for Blackhawk (o2claims / o2rewards)  first thing the automated voice says is if you received a no longer eligible email then contact o2 as they cant help.

After contacting o2 and o2 reassuring me they know I havent changed my contract, yet again apoligsed to me and this time issued me £20 bill credit and they reassure me they see I kept my obligations and to contact Blackhawk again. I explained this is futile but I called them anyway and spoke to someone who said I need to speak to o2.

Is this just some scam? Why can't one o2 company speak to another? Why do I as the customer have to do all the chasing around? I kept my obligations, why do I now have to contact o2 who say contact Blackhawk, who then say to contact o2.

This all seems to be a convulated way to burn me out and cut my losses.

Can anyone provide me with any insight in how to proceed?

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 774 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@Emmalidd I have your PM and I'll be back in touch as soon as possible.

@Clark5119 Can you please drop me a PM with some more details?

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12237 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1139 Solutions

There is a guide on gifts that could offer some help @Clark5119 :

Guide: Gift with Purchase  

Another community member had a positive result by calling the number in this post:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Prepaid-Mastercard/m-p/1714124#M274476 

If neither of those are of help, then the last resort is to get the community manager involved.

Try those, and let us know how you get on before we call the big guns!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 11

Clark5119
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That number is the one I was provided for Blackhawk / o2claims, they are the ones who told me to contact o2 and o2 just tells me to contact them. Its quite frustrating tbh.

Message 3 of 11

Emmalidd
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This has happened to me also 

Message 4 of 11

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12237 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1139 Solutions

Looks like you might need to step in to help both @Clark5119 and @Emmalidd please @Dave-O2 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 11

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 774 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@Emmalidd I have your PM and I'll be back in touch as soon as possible.

@Clark5119 Can you please drop me a PM with some more details?

Message 6 of 11

Corvette
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This Mastercard promotion is just one big scam to me. I have 3 lines with O2. Upgraded earlier in the year with a promise of £200 Mastercard. Filled out everything I was supposed to and the date has been and gone and no Mastercard. Tried calling the +443456002098 number to be told there is a delay and to email another address with proof of purchase etc, everything I originally provided. Still heard nothing. Been told they can't deal with it over the phone.  Dave from these forums has been helpful and tried to look into it but even he has not come back with any information.

I feel this is a bit of a con and terrible customer service. If O2 can't deliver as promised then I will be cancelling my direct debits and looking elsewhere

Message 7 of 11

Clark5119
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Dave dropped you a PM with info and a fair few screenshots

Message 8 of 11

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7194 Posts
  • 137 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Corvette 

Please do not cancel your direct debit. That will lead to payment issues, O2 selling your arrears to a Debt Collection Agency and O2 also trashing your credit score. They are ruthless in that regard.

As our Community Manager @Dave-O2 is already helping two other posters, he might well add you to the list. Please give him a couple of working days to respond ! 👍   

Message 9 of 11

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 774 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Thanks @Oxonian 

@Corvette This is still being checked out, once I have a further update to share, I'll be back in touch via PM 👍 

Message 10 of 11