Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded my SIMO last night. Changed mind. Now o2 wont give me old tariff back

sansan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Currently on a SIMO deal and now out of contract so decided to have a look online and upgrade to a new deal. Actioned the order last night but then changed my mind as my current deal would work out better for me.

Called up o2 this morning to cancel the order and go back to my current deal and have been told that they cant do that. Was then put on hold for nearly an hour whilst they ''spoke to a manager''. Call was then disconnected by o2.

Surely, this is not allowed? What's the point in having a 14 day cooling off period if you're just going to stop customers from going back to their previous deal?

Has anybody had any luck with this situation?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146101 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28151 Solutions

@sansan 

You can only move back if the tariff is still available as a current one to choose from.

This is covered in the T&C's

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 146101 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28151 Solutions

@sansan 

You can only move back if the tariff is still available as a current one to choose from.

This is covered in the T&C's

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10453 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3067 Solutions

@sansan 

They clearly tell you when you move tariff you cant go back to the one you originally had, it also tells you what you had before and what will be lost.. 

So not sure how you missed it. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 146101 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28151 Solutions

It is indeed clearly stated when upgrading online, if that's how it was done.

If done over the phone it should have been explained verbally.

Message 4 of 6

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7194 Posts
  • 137 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@sansan wrote:

What's the point in having a 14 day cooling off period if you're just going to stop customers from going back to their previous deal?

@sansan 

My understanding is that the 14 day cooling off period relates to you being able to cancel the new deal that you have signed-up to ; but if you decide to opt out of that, you have to opt into a currently available deal, go elsewhere or not have a mobile 'phone at all. 👍

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 146101 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28151 Solutions

Yes, as already explained above.

Message 6 of 6