cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 being complete hassle. Sims, switching and keeping numbers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right I bought a Samsung G3 outright, not from O2 then later realised I need some form of contract where I can have unlimited calls, texts and a nice amount of internet data for so much a month.

I went on O2 and saw this sim only product and went through as if to buy it but wasn't sure if I could keep my number and left it.  So a few days later this sales dude calls me up I tell him my objections and he has answers for everything and I end up going through with the contract for 12 months, asked him a ton of questions.  Told him it was a Galaxy Samsung I have so it takes micro sim.  This guys only gone and sent me an old phone style SIM, large one that doesnt fit in my phone.

I speak to another guy who has to send me a blank sim, I get it and try to transfer, telling them I want to keep and use my old number.  I have tried swapping SIM like it says on the O2 website and like this other guy told me to.

So with having a busy life working I havent lots of time to waste on playing around with O2 trying to explain so,ething complicated to advisors that don't care and are clueless in the first place.

Just when I am on the call thinking I'm getting somewhere with someone in the know I run out of credit to these customer service guys and get cut off.  No call back or anything.  I got a contract off them so I'm paying 20 quid a month for something I cant use because O2 customer services are mostly useless.

Anyone got any tips on dealing with these guys, who and when to call, how to get refunded or something?

Mucho Appreciated

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

call 202 free from your mobile or use live chat, contact us at bottom of page then click live chat or go to your local store may be better as they will do the swap for you & give you a micro sim 

Message 2 of 15

Neil_Barker
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yeah, I've had the same problem for the last 3 days, waiting on a new SIM to be active after getting an old SIM from them, and tried using my own cutter and ruined it. I used the live chat 15 minutes ago, and got a helpful guy called Vish, who got my new SIM done in those 15 minutes.
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

did you buy it at phones 4 u @Hugheski

Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
The phone itself from an official eBay top seller.

Contract from O2.
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did he send you another SIM, how did he fix it?

I want old payg number to work on new contract.

Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

you will need to contact cs to get them to swap your number over 202 from your mobile, live chat or go into your local store

Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

These guys have sold me and I'm being charged 22 quid a month not the original 20 quid. And ive not even used the sim.. What a joke.

Message 8 of 15

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

If you have been overcharged a call will get it put right, there's no need to be offensive.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
The first months bill is always slightly higher as you pay a month in advance plus the few days from when you took your contract to the bill date.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 15