cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 being complete hassle. Sims, switching and keeping numbers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right I bought a Samsung G3 outright, not from O2 then later realised I need some form of contract where I can have unlimited calls, texts and a nice amount of internet data for so much a month.

I went on O2 and saw this sim only product and went through as if to buy it but wasn't sure if I could keep my number and left it.  So a few days later this sales dude calls me up I tell him my objections and he has answers for everything and I end up going through with the contract for 12 months, asked him a ton of questions.  Told him it was a Galaxy Samsung I have so it takes micro sim.  This guys only gone and sent me an old phone style SIM, large one that doesnt fit in my phone.

I speak to another guy who has to send me a blank sim, I get it and try to transfer, telling them I want to keep and use my old number.  I have tried swapping SIM like it says on the O2 website and like this other guy told me to.

So with having a busy life working I havent lots of time to waste on playing around with O2 trying to explain so,ething complicated to advisors that don't care and are clueless in the first place.

Just when I am on the call thinking I'm getting somewhere with someone in the know I run out of credit to these customer service guys and get cut off.  No call back or anything.  I got a contract off them so I'm paying 20 quid a month for something I cant use because O2 customer services are mostly useless.

Anyone got any tips on dealing with these guys, who and when to call, how to get refunded or something?

Mucho Appreciated

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Let us know how you get on

Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey I actually ended up using this sim cutter to do it myself and luckily it worked out fine. I'll be calling about the extra charges though, Ive been told its VAT hmmmmz.
Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have read this whole post several times to make sure I have not missed anything and still do not understand where you are coming from.
You used a sim cutter, when you could of got a sim from O2 direct or a o2 shop.
You now mention extra charges and Vat?
Message 13 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
The extra £2,00 will just be the first month pro rata payment.... Nothing fishy going on its perfectly normal....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

You always pay extra on the first month

Message 15 of 15