cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 are [no longer] useless

Anonymous
Not applicable

My previously unlocked Galaxy S3 has been locked to O2 again, and despite spending the last 42 days on Live Chat and telephoning O2, nothing is being done. The latest is your line manager Craig promising to ring back in 48 hours, and four days later still nothing.

This how useless O2 are - 42 days and many hours on the phone and Live Chat, and all I have received is incorrect information, promises that are never kept and lies.

[title edited as per original poster's request]

Message 1 of 45
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 contacted me and resolved this issue completely to my satisfaction.

Thank you everyone for your help.

O2 are no longer useless.

View solution in original post

Message 32 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If unlocked properly in the first place it cannot relock.
If it was a bodge before you're lucky it hasn't bricked the phone completely.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 45

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Did you not get it unlocked by receiving a code from O2? If it was unlocked by a third party then it is almost sure to lock again with any changes to the phone. Unlocking by code is a permanent action.... 

Message 3 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
No, it was unlocked by O2 two years ago.

Yes, it's locked again to O2 because I have determined this with an O2 sim in the O2 shop.

The locking is not the only problem. It's how happily O2 lie and break promises and do nothing to resolve my problem.
Message 4 of 45

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If you're sure it's still locked, just request it again https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked for a unlock code and was told by O2 it would be sent through to my wife's phone in three days.

3 days later I was told it would be seven days.

7 days later I was told it would be nine days.

9 days later I was told it would be escalated and wait for 48 hours.

11 days later I was told to wait for seven days.

18 days later was told they would escalate again.

20 days later I was told they do not send the code through to mobiles and they would send to the email I gave them.

21 days later I was told it was not locked to O2 and to go into the store to get a sim to determine this.

22 days later in the O2 shop I was told they didn't have a sim. I have checked with a friend's O2 sim and it's locked to O2.

I have been given random codes by several Live Chats and none worked.

We'll just move forward to 42 days where I was told by the line manager Craig that he would ring back with a solution in 48 hours and even he did not bother.

Message 6 of 45

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Can you explain exactly how you have proven it to be locked?
ie, what happens when you put in an o2 sim and non o2 sim....

Also, how many "random" codes have you entered so far?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any sim I put into the phone, including my previously working Asda mobile sim, results in the phone asking for a Network Unlock Code. An O2 sim does not do this.
Message 8 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
As advised by O2, I have entered each code they gave me (more than three over the last 42 days) and none has worked.
Message 9 of 45

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
OK thanks, when did this first start? Was it after an update or a factory reset? Have you used the Asda sim previously in the phone?
I also need to be sure that you are asking for an unlock code and not an unblock, PUK or PAC please?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 45