cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 are [no longer] useless

Anonymous
Not applicable

My previously unlocked Galaxy S3 has been locked to O2 again, and despite spending the last 42 days on Live Chat and telephoning O2, nothing is being done. The latest is your line manager Craig promising to ring back in 48 hours, and four days later still nothing.

This how useless O2 are - 42 days and many hours on the phone and Live Chat, and all I have received is incorrect information, promises that are never kept and lies.

[title edited as per original poster's request]

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
It started on the 2nd May.

I asked for whatever I needed to stop it asking for a "SIM network unlock PIN".

I have no idea whether there was an update.
Message 11 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been using the Asda sim for two years since the contract ended.

Message 12 of 45

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Have you submitted the form that is on the link I gave previously?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 45

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Very strange. They give you different unlock codes but then say it's not locked to O2. I think you have been given PUK when you need the NCK. Have you tried unlocking again through My O2 or is that when they tell you it isn't locked? 

Message 14 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not used the link. I assumed they were requesting the unlock code. Besides, the link just takes me to the login page and when I try to login, it says it cannot find my account. Then it tells me to click a link to solve that problem, and I end up at the usual logged in page and no form.

Message 15 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
I ring up. They tell me something. I wait.

I ring up. They tell me I've been misinformed and I wait again.

I ring up. I get the line manager. He promises to ring back in 48 hrs. I wait again.

I'm glad you know about PUK and NCK, whatever they are. O2 do not.
Message 16 of 45

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Direct link to form here https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. Form submitted. Not holding my breath after 42 days.
Message 18 of 45

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
All we can do is hope for the best slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 19 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Firstly, thank you for at least answering and suggesting options.

But it's no longer about the phone: it's about how O2 get away with incorrect information, outright lies, broken promises and general indifference, all in the hope that the customer will just give in.

Well, they win.

And that's okay. I have a new phone now. I'll use the Samsung as an MP3 player and move on. I just wanted to rant and hopefully warn others about O2's utterly useless customer service.

Over the last 42 days I've already told this mammoth story to everyone I know. And four people (two people at the children's centre, one down the pub and one at work) have changed their minds about taking out or upgrading a mobile contract with O2. I shall continue to regale others about how useless O2 are, probably reporting back here each time I convince another person not to give their money to O2. It's some consolation at least, and the story is fun to tell.

Message 20 of 45