cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Refresh Upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wanted to clarify a bit of information. I am currently on o2 Refresh contract and I'd like to pay off my device and upgrade. I have done so in the past with no problem. I am a bit confused because I am not sure how to go about this situation. I want to trade in my iPhone 7 plus and upgrade to the iPhone X, My problem is , none of the o2 stores have the particular iPhone X that I need in stock. (256GB) It's only available online. The amount that I need to pay of and upgrade is the same value for my iPhone 7 plus when recycled. ideally I was looking to trade in my phone and upgrade by Saturday before Christmas. The whole send off for recycling via online will only take up my time which I don't have. So my question is , if I went in store . Trade in my phone tell them to put it towards my bill then continue my airtime . Will I be able to upgrade online same day? Or 24hours later being that they have the iPhone X that I need online and not in store? Your response will be appreciated.
Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145643 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 28012 Solutions
Early upgrades need to be done in store so the handset can be valued and the relevant credit added to clear the original contract down.
https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/yearly-upgrade-terms-and-conditions
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
@Anonymous I would suggest that before you do anything you speak to Customer Services first http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus. The best time to contact them is 08:00-08:30 when it is less busy.

O2 don't have a live ordering system so just because the iPhone X you want is shown online as in stock doesn't necessarily mean it is. You could save yourself considerable time and aggro checking with CS first to make sure the iPhone you want IS in stock.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 18

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Anonymousyou may also like to peruse the following mega thread for the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and the iPhone X which will give you some idea what has been happening the last few months.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Apple-iPhone-8-iPhone-8-Plus-amp-iPhone-X-Megathread/td-p/1071340

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Message 3 of 18

MI5
  • 145643 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 28012 Solutions
Early upgrades need to be done in store so the handset can be valued and the relevant credit added to clear the original contract down.
https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/yearly-upgrade-terms-and-conditions
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 123711 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7490 Solutions

I wish you the very best of luck trying to get the iPhone X before Christmas @Anonymous. In all honesty I doubt you will, whatever route you try...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you guys for the response, I took your advice and contacted customer service who informed me that the iphone X 256GB is indeed instock over the phone and online. I was told to go ahead and trade in my ipnone 7 plus in store then after I can order the iphone X I need online or over the phone. I've just done everything online and all is set, so hopefully I get it tommorrow as the website claims.

Message 6 of 18

MI5
  • 145643 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 28012 Solutions
Best of luck.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 7 of 18

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Do let us know if you get it tomorrow. You need to receive a dispatch email to track the phone... 

Message 8 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 123711 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7490 Solutions

Hope all goes well @Anonymous

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 18

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Hope you do get your new iPhone tomorrow @Anonymous.

Message 10 of 18