Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Upgrade

robbbie85
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Basically my old device completely died on Sunday. I went into the O2 shop to get it all sorted, at first I thought they might repair it, but that seemed like it would be prohibitively expensive. So at that point I just wanted a new device and didn't really appreciate the position I was in and that I had more options open to me than O2.

I thought the new plan was expensive when I was in the shop, but it did seem like one of the cheapest ones available to me from O2. So I went ahead and upgraded with them. Since coming home and going online and shopping around, I can see there are many cheaper deals out there for the same device, but even shorter contracts and more data.

I'm well within my 14 days cancellation and I now have my PAC code, so I'm just going to go back to the shop and return it. I have phoned O2, but they don't seem too interested about negotiating a better price (it's half price elsewhere, even with Vodafone as service provider).

I'm just wondering if there's anything I've missed? I would probably stay with O2 if they met me halfway, but like I say they don't seem interested when I speak to them on the phone.

Thanks,

Rob

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146199 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28159 Solutions

@robbbie85 

If you've found a better deal with good coverage in your area, go for it.

O2 aren't interested in price matching or customer retention these days as they have too many anyway.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 7

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37151 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1690 Solutions

O2 stopped negotiating decades ago - "if you can get it cheaper elsewhere on O2, go get it there" is what I was told by O2 shop staff - so bought phone from the Carphone Warehouse (CPW) shop one floor below, then back up the eacalator to O2 shop to move number and PAYG balance to a SIM that fitted the new handset (obvs ages ago, as CPW no longer exist as a shop-based company). Buyer power exists if you are prepared to do your homework, @robbbie85 - good luck!

Message 3 of 7

robbbie85
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for clarifying, that's fair enough if they no longer negotiate. I've never ever tried negotiating before it was just that the jump in airtime tariff this time was a lot for basically the same service. Carphone Warehouse seem to have the best deals so will probably go with them even if it takes a couple of days to sort, transfer PAC and get the new device.

Message 4 of 7

robbbie85
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for confirming, I feel a bit clearer now that I know I can't negotiate. slight_smile

Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146199 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28159 Solutions

@robbbie85 

Just make sure the new network has coverage in your area and the places you go.

A cheap deal is no good without a signal.

Check with free PAYG sims first before committing to a lengthy contract.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 7

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7223 Posts
  • 138 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@robbbie85 

You could consider buying a new handset direct from a manufacturer or from a retailer. You can then look for a deal - if you want to stay with O2 - via :-

SIM Only Deals: Compare our best in June 2024 - Uswitch

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/compare/sim_only_deals/

At the time of writing, there are five O2 deals thereon :-

Oxonian_0-1717789223535.png

Message 7 of 7