Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Help Section on Wifi Calling

embee999
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well, they say to login to myO2 and then select "Device Details". You've guessed it, no such option exists. Do they automatically prevent it when your phone is incompatible? (SIM only, not O2 firmware or some other such excuse). Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@embee999 

It's now enabled by default so if you don't have the options in your phone menu. it's not compatible.

You could try checking with O2 in case of a glitch with your account.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 8

AAA3
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi guys. Been with 3 for close to 15 years. Moved last Nov to an area where mobile signal is poor. Started alternative network search and bought O2 & EE PAYG sim. I currently have both 3 and O2 sim in S23 ultra. With just 1 signal bar for both networks I have no vowifi symbol for either.

When I have 3 and EE sim in then vowifi for EE shows all the time. 

I have Virgin bb and would very much like to be able to make use of vowifi and get combined benefit of being on VIRGIN&O2. I can't seem to reliably find out if vowifi will work when I'm at home on O2. Any help or suggestions are welcome.

I have vowifi option enabled in phone settings. Cheers 

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@AAA3 

Wifi calling only available on contract with O2 but will work on your phone with a contract sim.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 8

AAA3
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your advice kind sir. I shall order a contract sim now. Do you know if double data /speed (Virgin) applies to all sim only contracts? 

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@AAA3 

Yes it does, but you must make sure that your address is exactly the same on both accounts.

Volt Megaguide 

Message 6 of 8

AAA3
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK excellent. Just checked I'm not in contract with my existing network. If I go via uswitch /affiliate link I still get (volt?) O2 /Virgin benefits? 

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

Yes you do @AAA3 

Message 8 of 8