Did you mean: 

Volt Megaguide

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

27303-VMO2-Q1-Launch-OOH-48s-MASTER_BANNER3.jpg
O2 and Virgin Media, two of the UK’s most iconic brands combining 46 million+ broadband, mobile, phone, and home subscribers, have come together to give the UK more choice and better value. And if you're a customer of both O2 and Virgin Media, it's time to supercharge your world.

Faster Virgin Media broadband. Double O2 mobile data. On us. We're better, connected.

This guide will give you all the info you need to ensure you're fully informed on Volt, who's eligible, and how to apply it to your account.

Banner1.png

Get these exclusive benefits for being with both Virgin Media and O2

1. Broadband speed boost: Virgin Media broadband speed boost to the next available level (if you don’t already have the fastest speeds in your area)
  2. Double data: Double data on every eligible O2 Pay Monthly plan in your household
  3. Roam freely: Use your phone in 75 destinations worldwide at no extra cost
  4. WiFi pods: Black-spot busting WiFi Pods if you find any WiFi blackspots at home
  5. Tech treats: Up to £150 off an additional connected device, such as a tablet, laptop or smartwatch

Banner2.png

At present, you need to be a customer of both O2 mobile and Virgin Media broadband, with both accounts under the same name and at the same address. However, from 12 April 2022, we’ll be introducing 'premise matching', meaning you’ll just need to have the same address on both your O2 and Virgin Media broadband accounts to be eligible for supercharged benefits.

If you're an existing Pay Monthly customer of O2 but you're not with Virgin Media yet, you'll need to get broadband from Virgin Media. Or, if you're already a Virgin Media broadband customer but you're not with O2, you'll then need to get a Pay Monthly sim or mobile with O2.

• If you’re a current O2 only customer, check Virgin Media’s Volt packages here
  • If you currently only have a Virgin Media account, then why not send us a message on Facebook or Twitter and one of our team will be able to chat through all the options available to you
Community_STS_UPDATED2_01.png
Community_STS_UPDATED_03.png Community_STS_UPDATED_05.png Community_STS_UPDATED_07.png

Banner3.png

You can opt in for Volt benefits from the My O2 app. Once you're in the app, go to 'Offers', then 'Supercharge your world with Volt', then tap 'See what you can get. From here, simply fill in the details you're asked for and within 14 days you should have your benefits applied on both your O2 and Virgin Media accounts.

Banner4.png

We've gathered together some of our top FAQ's but if you have any other questions, we have more covered in our dedicated FAQ's page.

I think I should be eligible for Volt, but I can’t see the offer to activate my Volt benefits in My O2

More info
If you think you should be eligible for Volt benefits but aren’t seeing or able to select the offer in My O2, then please make sure your name and address match on both your O2 and Virgin Media accounts. If you think everything’s correct and still aren’t seeing the option to activate your benefits, then please get in touch by calling 202 from your O2 mobile.

Which customer service team should I contact?

More info
We’ll still bring you the same level of customer service you expect from O2. If you want to discuss Virgin Media products like TV or broadband, you'll need to speak to Virgin Media's customer service team.

I'm having issues applying my Volt benefits

More info
O2 and Virgin Media will contact you separately when your Volt benefits have been applied, these will come through at different times and could be on different days. Virgin Media confirmation usually comes after O2 and it can take up to 14 days for the Virgin Media speed boost to be active on your account.

Just to let you know, your O2 tariff name won’t change but your new data allowance and any changes to your roaming Bolt Ons can be seen in My O2.

If you're having problems joining O2 or applying your data boost, you can contact us on one of our Social Media channels for help - we're on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. If you'd prefer to contact us another way, you can find our other contact info here. If your issue is with joining Virgin Media or applying your broadband speed boost, hopefully our FAQ's up above (or here for full FAQ's) will help.

I’ve got Virgin Media broadband at my address, but it’s not registered in my name, can I get Volt benefits?

More info
Right now that means you’re not eligible for Volt benefits because your name and address both need to match across your O2 and Virgin Media accounts, but don’t worry, we’re changing this. Very soon, you’ll be able to get Volt benefits through your household’s Virgin Media broadband account – and so will anyone else who has their own O2 Pay Monthly plan who lives at an address with an active Virgin Media broadband service.

Keep an eye on My O2, you’ll see the option to activate Volt benefits when it becomes available to you.

See Volt terms and conditions.

What happens to Volt benefits if I upgrade or change tariff?

More info
When you upgrade or change a tariff on your O2 account, your Volt benefits will drop off temporarily. These benefits will be re-applied within 14 days.

Banner5.png

While you're applying for your Volt benefits, we're aware of some very specific circumstances in which you may experience an issue or see an error. We've highlighted these here so you're aware of the solution, or what to do next. If you're still having issues not covered by the below, then please do reach out to us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and we'll get things sorted for you.

My O2 Activation error?

More info
Once you've signed up and if you're new to O2, you’ll be able to access and manage your account 24/7 via My O2. To get started, you first need to activate My O2 via the activation link we automatically send you via email and by SMS. Unfortunately, the link on the SMS isn't currently working, so we need to ask you to please use the activation link included in the email we send you within 14 days. If you’ve not done this within 14 days and the link expires, contact us via our Social Channels where we can help (FacebookTwitter or Instagram)

Chris_K_1-1648569852855.jpeg

Volt Unavailable error?

More info
If you see the screen / error below then it likely means you already have Volt benefits, or VM service is not available in your area. However, if VM is available or you already have VM, then this may be a small conflict or error on our side. If you’re impacted by this, please contact us here (FacebookTwitter or Instagram) and we'll get this sorted for you.

Chris_K_2-1648569852860.jpeg

Double data not showing via My O2?

More info
If you've signed up for Volt benefits you should receive a separate communication from both O2 and VM once your O2 data allowance and VM broadband speeds have been adjusted. Please note that these communications may arrive at different times so don't worry if you receive one and not the other – this could arrive several days later. If you still don’t have your O2 data benefits within 7 days of applying, please contact us here (FacebookTwitter or Instagram) so we can check this over and get it sorted for you. If you still don’t have your VM speed benefits within 7 days of applying, please contact Virgin Media here so they can check this over and get it sorted for you

Banner6.png

Being a Volt customer comes with a few extra bells and whistles too, as if the faster Virgin Media broadband, and double O2 mobile data wasn't enough...

• Priority -  Is our way of saying thanks. It's exclusive to O2 & Virgin Media customers and brings you great offers from high street brands, tickets, and experiences, as well as access to the best in entertainment. You can get Priority Tickets to thousands of gigs and events across the UK, up to 48 hours before general sale. Get the free app for quick and easy access to Priority whenever you like.
  • 5G - Fast, reliable and mobile. It’s time to 5G your life. The power of 5G gives customers a faster and more reliable connection, downloads without delay and buffer-free streaming, on the go. But it’s so much more than that. More help and advice here. Use our network checker to keep tabs on the O2 network in your area.
  • Roam freely - Going on holiday? We cover roaming in our Europe Zone as part of our Tariffs. So your data, minutes, and text allowances will work in our Europe Zone, just like they do at home. Check out more here. You can also check our Roaming Megaguide which will give you all the info you need to ensure you're fully informed on allowances, costs, options, and what to expect when you travel abroad, even if it's outside of Europe.
  • Extras - When you take out a new phone, tablet or pay monthly sim only on eligible tariffs and/or devices, you'll get to hand pick an extra for up to 12 months*, on us. Whether you’re into TV and movies, music, meditation, books, or audiobooks, or you want to keep in touch with loved ones overseas, you can find an extra that’s perfect for you. More details here.
  • Spread the cost - Get the latest tech from O2 without draining your bank balance. Just like buying a new phone, you can now spread the cost of your device into affordable monthly payments. And with 0% APR, the price you see is the price you pay. More information here

If you have any questions not covered above, please register an account here on the O2 Community if you're not already a member, and reply to this thread with your question and our knowledgeable members will do their best to help. Alternatively, contact us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 59
58 REPLIES 58

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

Great guide @Chris_K 😉

@Martin-O2  could we have this as a hashtag guide ie #volt megaguide?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 59

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

All done @Cleoriff! use # volt to bring up the link. I'll go a head and get the index pages updated now.🙂

Volt Megaguide 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 59

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

Excellent @Martin-O2 👏👍

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 59

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@Martin-O2 

It's still not in the Index?

INDEX OF GUIDES  

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 59

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11959 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions

Great summary guide @Chris_K!

With regard to the 12th April being the date for address matching, do you need to do anything different when applying or do you follow the standard process?

I think you are also missing some links in the help/FAQ section - you have "(TW/FB/IG)" instead, and there might be a missing link to VM as well under the "VM at this address" section.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 59

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Index and guide link topic updated @Cleoriff 😎

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 59

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

Great summary guide @Chris_K!

With regard to the 12th April being the date for address matching, do you need to do anything different when applying or do you follow the standard process?

I think you are also missing some links in the help/FAQ section - you have "(TW/FB/IG)" instead, and there might be a missing link to VM as well under the "VM at this address" section.

All sorted, thanks for the spot @gmarkj - seems I forgot to update those before I published... All sorted now though slight_smile

As for when 12 April rolls around, no real difference in how you apply Volt benefits to your account slight_smile

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 8 of 59

gmarkj
  • 11959 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions

No problem @Chris_K and good to hear you got it fixed before this gets a load more views.

Looking forward to the 12th when I can get my Volt on!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 9 of 59

gmarkj
  • 11959 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions

@Chris_K wrote:

However, from 12 April 2022, we’ll be introducing 'premise matching', meaning you’ll just need to have the same address on both your O2 and Virgin Media broadband accounts to be eligible for supercharged benefits.

Looks like it is semi-working - VM have "doubled" our BB speed (from 200Mbps to 350Mbps), but no change (so far) on o2 data allowance.

Given that the go live date was today I'll leave it for a couple of days, but I am looking forward to claiming some of the WiFi pods to get better access in our back garden...

Message 10 of 59