cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 CANNOT PORT MY NUMBER TO SAVE THEIR LIFE!

clivityuk
Level 3: Thinker
  • 40 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am SOOO FED UP with this o2 garbage and getting ready to cancel my new contract and phone (under the 14 day cancellation policy)

I dumped my Virgin phone in favor of O2 last week.  So on THURSDAY JUNE 1st at 5:33PM I asked for my old number to be ported.   

We are now at OVER THREE BUSINESS DAYS since the request and NOTHING has been done.  I have reported it via online chat numerous times and they ALL say the same crap: "So sorry" "We understand" "Maybe technical issue" NO ONE AT O2 evidently has a CLUE what the hell is going on. This is simply unacceptable.

This has cost me 2 days of business (I allowed 24 hours for the port as most networks do it SAME DAY!).  I am so fed up with this relationship and its only 5 days old!  Think I have no choice but to cancel and go to a REAL network.  This has been PATHETIC!  Shame on you O2 for duping me!!!!

As you can tell I am *bleep*

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

clivityuk
  • 40 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The port request I made via webchat was evidently never even sent in was the issue.

Message 11 of 20

clivityuk
  • 40 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey thanks MI5 and jonsie

Message 12 of 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93225 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Hopefully you are sorted now. As I said in my first post, forget live chat. They just tell you what you want to hear and their incompetence knows no bounds. 

Message 13 of 20

clivityuk
  • 40 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Could not agree more, even in my limited experience, jonsie.  Just lip service. Thanks again.

Message 14 of 20

clivityuk
  • 40 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You guys are SOOOOOOOOOOO right!!!!  After speaking to a human last night, they ported my number as of 9AM this morning!  Thats how its supposed to work!  Man web chat is awful then!  THANKS GUYS!  All set now, all I had to do was CALL not chat online and it went exactly how it was supposed to go.  Wow just wow......learned my lesson!

THANKS Y'ALL!!!!  MUCHO! slight_smile

Message 15 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

So pleased to hear its all working now @clivityuk Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 20

MI5
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Excellent news mate.
If only you had asked us last Thursday wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 20

jonsie
  • 93225 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Great to hear your number has now been ported over @clivityuk! And welcome to the O2 community slight_smile

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 19 of 20

clivityuk
  • 40 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

"Excellent news mate.
If only you had asked us last Thursday "

LOL EXACTLY what I thought this morning! grin But all is well.  You guys are great, O2 is lucky to have folks like y'all as I was upset! slight_smile  thanks again to all! 

Message 20 of 20