Did you mean: 

O2 Billing text scam?

johnboy68
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Got weird text from +447793025905 telling me as follows

"O2:We are unable to process your latest bill. In order to avoid disconnection, Update you o2online billing via [URL removed]

O2"

The part in italics is a clickable link on the message.

I suspect scam?

Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@Ratch86 

Just a variation on the well reported scam as above.

Block the number and do not follow any links.
Forward the scam text to 7726 - It's free.
Other ways to report here including Action Fraud website
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/phishing-and-smishing-advice
How to block a number:
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062352/
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201229

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 51 of 55

AEnna
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I received the same text. But the bizarre thing here is that I received the message on a phone that is not with O2.

I had 2 phone registred with O2, I moved one to another service provider X. So, any message from O2 continued to be sent to this X phone number. How someone got access to my X phone number about billing not getting through for my O2 phone? I am puzzled.

It looks like O2 is doing business with phone numbers or someone had access to O2 phone numbers.

I tried to get in touch with O2 immediately but to no avail. The access to information on O2 account after being logged does not work, neither with MS Edge nor with Firefox. The chat is hard to find and when it come up, you start the process and then the magic busy message come out. The chat disappears again and impossible to find. Does O2 have an email contact address? 

Coronavirus is a conveneient excuse as If before we were entertaining with immediate access to O2 staff.

Unfortunately, I just upgraded for another 18 months. Each time I renew, O2 eat up unscrupulously a week or two from the previous contract. What about those who upgrade a month before the end of their contract? double charges!!!

Message 52 of 55

Mehran
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I don’t have an O2 account but got the same fake text from +44 7572 091628
Message 53 of 55

ARTH
  • 17 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just had one as well from 07503 733646  I've sent it to 7726.  

Message 54 of 55

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

Thanks @ARTH thumbsup

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 55 of 55