cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 £20 Christmas Promotion

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Forum,

I've just had a chat with an O2 Live Advisor who was somewhat curt to say the least and unfortunately unable to provide a satisfactory answer so I thought I'd throw it out here in the hope that someone might be able to assist.

I have just joined O2 and, as part of the Christmas Promotion, I sent the word 'CHRISTMAS' to 50202 in order to be eligible to receive £20 Rewards on 31st January 2014. Having done this there is no reference to it in my Rewards account (the top-up done just before has been reflected so it appears to update in realtime) and nor have I received any other confirmation of receipt e.g. text/e-mail.

I was wondering how I go about finding out whether or not I am successfully opted in?

Many thanks,

Mathew

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've come in from GiffGaff so no change to the signal aspects.. 😉

As for making decisions on £20, it matters little the amount to be honest. If a promise is made I expect it to be kept and I'll vote with my wallet if need be.

As you say, I'm sure it'll be sorted - I just wish there was some sort of confirmation to remove all doubt. Given what you've heard though there is, and I still haven't received it - hence the uncertainty on my part.

Message 11 of 36

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

It is all in the T&C I posted above

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 12 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you want speak to O2 customer services to see if they can confirm your opt in and put your mind to rest , and read the links in this thread.

And I agree with you that something should be supplied if criteria is met.
Message 13 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

@adamtemp64 wrote:

It is all in the T&C I posted above

What is?

Message 14 of 36

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

The clue it has worked is in the t&C if you had not sent the text you would have not been in the rewards programme unless you signed up the manual way. http://www.o2.co.uk/shop/paygotopup/10backontopups

So as you have a rewards account then I guess it is confirmation it will be applied in line with the t&c

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 15 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's the thing - I had already signed up to the Rewards programme (as per the instructions on the Rewards card that gets included with the SIM).

I'll give CS a call and report back. They should hopefully be able to see at their end that they've received the text (the live advisor last night couldn't - just said not to worry!).

Message 16 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok.

As you say let us know how you get on and at least your mind will be at rest if they can clarify.
Message 17 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

Forgot to add - I've also got the additional concern that as I am porting in my old number all bets might be off if Rules 21 and 22 of the overarching Rewards rules apply!

21. To be eligible each Quarter, you must stay connected to O2 Pay & Go on your current mobile number until your Rewards have been claimed or saved. If you change your O2 Pay & Go mobile number during a Quarter you will not be eligible for any Rewards earned against the old mobile number at the end of that Quarter.
22. If you change your O2 Pay & Go mobile number during the Programme you must opt-in again on your new mobile number. Rewards will be earned from your new opt-in date to the end of that particular Quarter.

The live advisor unfortunately wasn't sure whether they would or not. I wonder if I can just send the text again once my new number is live?

Message 18 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well no one on here can say how O2 will apply the t&c as we are all customers too.

The old saying 'if you don't ask you don't get' applies.

Good luck
Message 19 of 36

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

As long as they recieve the sms before the deadline date you should be ok once the new number is active do not optin manually send the promotion text and see if it creates your reward account.

Then take screen grabs of the sent sms so you have proof

Apple Watch series 4

Message 20 of 36