cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 £20 Christmas Promotion

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Forum,

I've just had a chat with an O2 Live Advisor who was somewhat curt to say the least and unfortunately unable to provide a satisfactory answer so I thought I'd throw it out here in the hope that someone might be able to assist.

I have just joined O2 and, as part of the Christmas Promotion, I sent the word 'CHRISTMAS' to 50202 in order to be eligible to receive £20 Rewards on 31st January 2014. Having done this there is no reference to it in my Rewards account (the top-up done just before has been reflected so it appears to update in realtime) and nor have I received any other confirmation of receipt e.g. text/e-mail.

I was wondering how I go about finding out whether or not I am successfully opted in?

Many thanks,

Mathew

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

The words 'Christmas party' and 'brewery' is starting to spring to mind here...

My number successfully ported in today. Excellent. Unfortunately when I log in to my O2 Account only the old phone number is listed under the 'My O2 Products' section. If I click on it I get a whole bunch of errors saying it is 'not a valid prepay account' etc. My new number isn't listed anywhere.

So, I went on to Live Chat to see what's what and how to get it resolved but am told that the old number doesn't exist on the system and that to put the new number on the system I'll need to register it. A URL was provided which I subsequently went to and completed the details only to be advised that my e-mail address is already registered on the system. Well of course it is - by me!

So, my current position is that I cannot access the account of my old number, and my new number isn't registered so no access to that either. I have seemingly somehow fallen between the cracks.

I can at least make calls etc though and my first call in the morning will be to make a complaint. This whole affair is nothing short of a shambles. I couldn't care less about the £20 Christmas promotion now - it's just not worth the stress.

Message 31 of 36

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149374 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Your number will (should) automatically update in My O2. There is no need to register anything, anywhere....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 32 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 Uk Customer Services hopefully will be able to assist.

Live Chat goes have its uses but not really when it's account based.
Message 33 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it does seem that those in Live Chat are very limited in what they are able to do. Unfortunately it is only they that tend to be available when I too am free.

I have just spoken to Customer Services and they have told me there's nothing that they can do - or rather we will just have to wait for the system to 'catch up' and only once it is clear that it is not going to resolve itself will they then be able to raise an issue to get it manually sorted out. It was suggested to leave it 72 hrs so finger's crossed it'll all work out.

Unfortunately all the optimism obtained from the previous discussion with a CS rep who made the manual notes on my account regarding eligibility for the £20 promotion have all now been dashed now because I have now been told that all such notes will now be gone given I've ported a new number in! You really couldn't make this up.

The gentleman did provide his reassurance that whatever happens they should be able to retrospectively ensure that the promotion is effectively honoured. This ought to make me sleep easy however I think I can be forgiven for having my suspicions given the amount of ignorance and misinformation witnessed so far about how O2 actually manage the service.

I have learnt to stay away from Live Chat though which is a shame because with many other retailers now I've found it to be quite an effective and convenient form of support, not to mention being free!

Message 34 of 36

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi MJNewton,

Sorry to hear you're having issues. Please do as they say and wait, then talk to customer service again. If you have no success, send me a private message and I'll see what I can do.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 35 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Toby,

Sorry, I somehow missed your message. Many thanks for the offer of assistance if required - it looks like it might well be as I telephoned CS today only to be told that it could actually take up to a month for my online O2 Account to be catch up with the ported-in number!

I've had five conversations on this issue with customer service and have received different, and conflicting, sets advice on every single one of them. They can't all be right; my issue now is working out which, if any, is.

I'll send you a PM.

Message 36 of 36