cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 £20 Christmas Promotion

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Forum,

I've just had a chat with an O2 Live Advisor who was somewhat curt to say the least and unfortunately unable to provide a satisfactory answer so I thought I'd throw it out here in the hope that someone might be able to assist.

I have just joined O2 and, as part of the Christmas Promotion, I sent the word 'CHRISTMAS' to 50202 in order to be eligible to receive £20 Rewards on 31st January 2014. Having done this there is no reference to it in my Rewards account (the top-up done just before has been reflected so it appears to update in realtime) and nor have I received any other confirmation of receipt e.g. text/e-mail.

I was wondering how I go about finding out whether or not I am successfully opted in?

Many thanks,

Mathew

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149374 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Discussed here previously, you might find something useful, but it's all we know......
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/O2-Christmas-Bonus/m-p/574698#M10343
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks MI5. I did spot that thread but unfortunately no mention of how confirmation is obtained? What I would hate to happen is come the 31st Jan I am told I didn't opt in...

Have any customers out there entered this promotion and received positive confirmation of successful opt in?

Message 3 of 36

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You'll find a link to the terms in Chiara's post on that page and if you have followed the instructions correctly you'll be fine.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well finger's crossed.

Why they can't just text back to confirm receipt, or a simple reference in my Rewards account, I don't know...

Message 5 of 36

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Nor do we, but you should be ok.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've talked to a few colleagues who have heard of this in the gossip mill and have sent the text and reviewed a reply saying something like , we'll let you know if your in the criteria.

They didn't know one of the 7 listed phones needed to be purchased.
Message 7 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm that's worrying. I've still not received a confirmation text (and did purchase one of the eligible handsets).

At the risk of sounding petty, if this doesn't work out I shall be departing O2 immediately upon finding out that's the case.

Message 8 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
A bit drastic I agree to leave a network that gives good signal I presume for £20.

I sure they'll sort it for you.
Message 9 of 36

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/pay-and-go-20-pound-o2-rewards-christmas-promotion-te... no confirmation required see bold itialics

Get £20 into your O2 Rewards account to spend on topping up your credit, Ticketmaster tickets,  accessories, or a £20 gift voucher to be spent at the following retailers: Argos, Amazon.co.uk, Boots, Debenhams, Marks & Spencer, John Lewis, WHSmith, iTunes.

Reward is available with selected Pay & Go handsets purchased between 7th November 2013 and 24th December 2013 (with a minimum £10 top up).

Selected handsets are: Blackberry 9720, Nokia Lumia 520, Nokia Lumia 625, Samsung Galaxy Fame, Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, Sony Xperia M, Sony Xperia J

After buying qualifying Pay and Go handset  you need to text  'christmas' to 50202. Opt in text must be sent before 24th January 2014, from the handset purchased during the promotion period. Text will automatically opt you into O2 Rewards.  Reward will be added to the account depending on eligibility and after the 31st January.  Subject to availability. Invalid on returns.

Standard Pay & Go terms apply.

The third party merchants represented are not sponsors of the O2 promotion or otherwise affiliated with O2. The logos and other identifying marks attached are trademarks of and owned by each represented company and/or its affiliates. Please visit each company’s website for additional terms and conditions which may apply to vouchers and services.

O2 Rewards: See o2.co.uk/terms for full terms and conditions for O2 Rewards.  Online and internet-enabled phones, data charges may apply. Maximum reward £150 every three months. 5% for the first 6 months, 10% thereafter.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 10 of 36