Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number porting not happening

RussG
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I signed up with O2 10 days ago on a pay monthly sim only deal. At the time of signing up I supplied a PAC to transfer my old number over. I've had my O2 sim in the phone for a week now and still my number hasn't ported. Contacted support twice over the last week who assure me that the porting will happen within the next 24 hours, the last time they said that was 3 days ago!

My wife signed up at the same time and also supplied a PAC, hers hasn't switched yet but she's in a worse situation than me as she has had no service at all for the last 4 days. She called O2 support from my phone on Friday and spoke with somebody, wasn't happy with what she was being told so asked to speak with their line manager. That line manager told my Wife she had "done this immediately but will take a few days", when my Wife said she wasn't happy with this, the line manager put the phone down on her!

Totally at my wits end with O2 now, wish I hadn't bothered. Can anybody suggest anything to help us both?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36478 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

@O2Georgina may be able to help you both, but keep an eye for a message from her here after 11am seeking more info.

Tagging @Martin-O2 and @Breanna to feed back the insolence of a 202 Duty Manager as outlined above.

Message 2 of 7

Sian4
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm in the exact same situation, had no service for 5 days now and they've told me this morning my number change is "stuck" and will take another 5 days to resolve? It's ridiculous. I'm sick of ringing and using the online chat feature on the app. Everyone I speak to gives me a different answer. I'm going to cancel my contract if its not resolved in the next 24 hours. Its not worth it at all

Message 3 of 7

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36478 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

@Sian4 wrote:

I'm in the exact same situation, had no service for 5 days now and they've told me this morning my number change is "stuck" and will take another 5 days to resolve? It's ridiculous. I'm sick of ringing and using the online chat feature on the app. Everyone I speak to gives me a different answer. I'm going to cancel my contract if its not resolved in the next 24 hours. Its not worth it at all

Nobody from O2 will read your message here, @Sian4.

Keep an eye on your private messages, perhaps @O2Georgina can find out where your port is stuck. Good luck - and watch out for a message here from Georgina presently.

Message 4 of 7

O2Georgina
Former Staff
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

@Sian4  I will send you a private message now

signature
Message 5 of 7

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

@RussG were you able to get this sorted? @O2Georgina might have missed the intial tag if not. 

Message 6 of 7

O2Georgina
Former Staff
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

@Breanna  I'll pick up now

signature
Message 7 of 7