cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving texts

Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently using a Xperia Z and since about 6:30pm i've not been able to receive texts from other numbers, but i can send them out. Really not happy about this 😞 i've texted Active to 2020 and still unable to receive texts.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, spent 20 minutes on hold to o2, at which point when someone answered, i was cut off. I resigned to going into one of their shops to sort it out when i get back from work, grabbed my spare phone, put the problem sim into that, and bang 64 text messages came through. put that back into the Xperia Z and now it's working fine?! Frustrating!

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Currently using a Xperia Z and since about 6:30pm i've not been able to receive texts from other numbers, but i can send them out. Really not happy about this 😞 i've texted Active to 2020 and still unable to receive texts.

Hi,

Occasionally network congestion can delay text messages.

Turn your phone off, pull the battery if possible, remove your sim and wipe it, reinsert and power back up to see if this resolves the issue.

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's not possible to remove the battery and removing the sim has not helped. 😞
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
It's not possible to remove the battery and removing the sim has not helped. 😞

Ok,

If after checking your phones settings they seem fine then contact 02 from your mobile phone to ask the to check over your account.

202 for contract customers.

4445 for payg customers.

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will have to try it when they finally open their phone lines. It's seriously annoying as a lot of my business is worked via text messaging, beginning to wonder how many have gone missing now.

I also tried sending my self a text to see if that would clear any back log but nope, i've done the network search, nothing. 😞 The account isn't in debt so shouldn't be a problem with that.

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok.

Lets hope they can help.

I'm betting you'll get an influx of messages at once.
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, spent 20 minutes on hold to o2, at which point when someone answered, i was cut off. I resigned to going into one of their shops to sort it out when i get back from work, grabbed my spare phone, put the problem sim into that, and bang 64 text messages came through. put that back into the Xperia Z and now it's working fine?! Frustrating!

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

It has happened to me but very rarely.

Usually turning the phone off and on resolves the issue for me.

Glad your issue is now resolved.

Message 8 of 8