Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Anonymous

Nokia N96

I have a Nokia N96 (Type - RM-247)
I have been trying to update the software via Nokia Software Updater and by using the new o2 Over the air Updater.

Once i have connected i get the same response either from OTA and PC "No Software Update Available"

I have been researching online and the latest firmware update is Version 12***

The current version pre-installed on the handset is Version 11.018

Can o2 kindly be able to advise of a exact firmware version 12*** release date.
Anonymous

Nokia N96

Branded phones don't get the generic firmware updates when Nokia releases them. The phone's branding company (in this case O2) first has to review and approve the new firmware, before it becomes available for phones thus branded.

With most branding providers, O2 included, this takes a few weeks to a few months after Nokia first releases an update, so... patience is the only way. Smiley Sad
Anonymous

Nokia N96

I waited nearly a year for the firmware update to become available on the N95 - the Nokia Software updater kept telling me no updates were available. Eventually, by "stoke of luck" (sort of) I broke my phone, claimed a new one on the insurance and it turned up complete with the newer firmware!

So, in conclusion, don't hold your breath... Smiley Indifferent
Anonymous

Nokia N96

I waited nearly a year for the firmware update to become available on the N95 - the Nokia Software updater kept telling me no updates were available. Eventually, by "stoke of luck" (sort of) I broke my phone, claimed a new one on the insurance and it turned up complete with the newer firmware!

So, in conclusion, don't hold your breath... Smiley Indifferent

I had a N95 on Tmobile i wasnt too keen on the network so what did i do I Debranded it... Am thinking of doing the same to this N96 as i have all the software required.

I still have the N95 with Firmware version 31***

But am a vivid o2 fanatic and I dont wanna debrand a N96 but i still want the latest software .... any Suggestions o2???
Anonymous

Nokia N96

Update: I tried the *#0000# method again today and was told there were no updates available... BUT, when I run the Nokia Software Updater (via PC Suite) it found the version 12 firmware update and is currently installing.

All seems to be going OK!
Anonymous

Nokia N96

Well ave just done the same *#0000# NO UPDATEE and via the NSU doesn't recognise the product number, u sure you have the version 12*** ????

:womanindifferent: :womanindifferent: :womanindifferent:
Anonymous

Nokia N96

does any1 else have the new Nokia N96 "BLACK" i think its a limited version But its slow and needs the Latest Firmware update Any Suggestions????