Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer

TobyTheEBT
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I placed an order on Tuesday lunch time and have received order confirmation email as well as four legal documents emails and a further email to set up my account. The upfront phone cost is pending to be taken out of my bank account. Delivery was meant to be yesterday but I've heard nothing since!! I've tried contacting O2 using messenger but they couldn't help and when I called they mentioned an online credit referral team but they couldn't get them on the phone. Why hasn't anyone contacted me? They told me to wait as it can take 24-48 hours but it's nearly been 48 hours and I've not had a call or email. Anyone know what's meant to happen next? £300 is a lot to be pending when there's no sign of a phone.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144511 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions

@TobyTheEBT 

Sometimes, customers are referred for credit and identity checks. This can take a few days to resolve, but O2 will be in touch when they have completed it.

You can always call customer service who have access to more information that chat do Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

TobyTheEBT
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5

Thanks but I did call them, I was told I'd be put through to credit referrals then she came back and said it was a different team, "online credit referrals" and she couldn't get them on the phone. She said I should receive an email, I just wondered what was taking so long. I thought credit checks were normally an instant decision when you place the order...

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144511 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions

@TobyTheEBT 

Online checks are instant but I guess in your case, the decision was referred to a human to review it.

Try calling again and see if you get better help.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

TobyTheEBT
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5

Thanks, got told just now the referrals team don't open until 09:00 so possibly why she couldn't get them yesterday... Though she made it sound like I couldn't speak to them at all.

Not sure why they haven't contacted me, I would've thought if it's been referred to a person that they might need to speak to me?

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144511 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions

@TobyTheEBT 

No guarantees that will need to speak to you. It depends on why you were referred.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

TobyTheEBT
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@MI5

Finally spoke to them and they were no help, apparently their system isn't working properly. They couldn't take my order number but took my postcode and still not able to check anything.
Again I've been told to wait and keep an eye on my emails.
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144511 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions

@TobyTheEBT 

Good grief!

Sorry about that mate.

All I can suggest is that you try them again later if you don't hear anything by email.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8