cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO RECEPTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in the Chilterns with NO signal inside the house...and an intermittent one bar if lucky somewhere within 200m outside.  We try to run a business requiring constant use of mobile phones.  O2 is single handedly about to bring our business to an end.  We and MANY others in our area have tried to get them to put in a working transmitter mast...but we clearly do not add enough revenue to their bottom line.  This appalling signal - together with a poor broadband signal - is utterly shameful in this country.  Far less developed countries with huge poverty issues have better communication infrastructure than we do in parts of the UK.   There is NOTHING we can do about it.  I have found out that any signal booster is illegal and you can receive a £5000 fine.  So O2...what are you going to do about it?  Bring our complete business to a standstill...or perhaps insist we move to a better area?   How about give us a proper signal that will match the TOTAL LIES you perpetrate on your coverage map.  Come round here and I will prove it to you.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

1 This is not customer service

2 With poor adsl I assume <2mbps boost box may not help assuming a business contract

3 if mobile that bad at home and running a business why not use a landline diverting calls to it when no mobile signal.

4 buildings and trees etc all affect mobile signals so in some instances landline maybe the best option

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
I’m assuming no other network is any better?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
And I'm assuming you're not on business contracts ?
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Probably not or else a boost box would be an option.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
Exactly !
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 5 of 9

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

1 This is not customer service

2 With poor adsl I assume <2mbps boost box may not help assuming a business contract

3 if mobile that bad at home and running a business why not use a landline diverting calls to it when no mobile signal.

4 buildings and trees etc all affect mobile signals so in some instances landline maybe the best option

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Running a business on a consumer contract will always have consequences unless there is an alternative landline. 

Message 7 of 9

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 341 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Unfortunately your issue is solely tied to the fact that you are in the Chilterns. The Chilterns owing to the topography and that the fact that there is a National Nature reserve add to the issues. 

once you are north of High Wycombe coverage on all networks becomes challenging owing to the topography.

Plannig consent will not be granted for operators to install masts in National Parks therefore coverage in and around such areas will not be the best.

GENERALLY speaking all the networks will suffer from similar issues in your area. 

As previously stated here perhaps relying on mobile'phones to run a business may not be the best option. 

Landline would seem the best way to go

Message 8 of 9

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Ofcom-to-change-the-law-on-mobile-boosters-repeat... The law is changing on booster usage
Apple Watch series 4

Message 9 of 9