Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

My sim won't send messages

I had a new sim activated today it will not allow me to send any text messages i had do everything else why is this ?
Level 63: Greatness Assured

Re: My sim won't send messages

@Anonymous Please take a look at this link to see if it resolves your issue: http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref(user):str(Mobile),CASE=12994

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Topics: 686

[ Edited ]

Hi @Anonymous

Is this anything to do with your thread from yesterday when you stated you had lost your sim? https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Sim/m-p/1103950#M144406

Did you collect the new sim instore and did O2 activate it for you?

Have you rebooted the phone?

I am only asking these questions as you didn't return to your previous thread to respond to answers given.

Either way, if you are having issues you may have to contact customer services as the new sim may not have been activated properly.

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 532
Solutions: 11,384

Messages are usually the last to come online after a number port or sim swap. A full 24 hours can be needed sometimes.
The other possibility is that it’s the wrong type of sim being used, ie a PAYG sim for a contract or vice versa.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Anonymous

If you reported it lost then your number may have a bar on it which will need customer service to remove for you
Level 63: Greatness Assured

I never saw the OP's other post from yesterday. Kind of frustrating when people don't come back and update their threads.Smiley Frustrated

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Topics: 532
Solutions: 11,384

@Anonymous wrote:
If you reported it lost then your number may have a bar on it which will need customer service to remove for you

In which case it would be nothing working, not just messages.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Topics: 251
Kudos: 438
Solutions: 3

@Bambino wrote:

I never saw the OP's other post from yesterday. Kind of frustrating when people don't come back and update their threads.Smiley Frustrated

I wholeheartedly agree @Bambino ... (I read a lot on the O2 Community) ... Smiley Sad

*possum si vollo* *per ardua ad astra*

I don't work for O2
Xperia L1 - The Android Army Marches Onwards
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
MI6 - Commander Jane TOP SECRET - Status 00 Licensed To Type - HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE + pic of a very young Lois Maxwell (have mug to prove it) - Promotion tbc to Data Entry
Topics: 686

I can only hope @Anonymous comes back to this thread...

*The Game Is On*

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @Anonymous how are you getting on with this? Are you still having issues? 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature