cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS no longer works on Tab S 8.4

Anonymous
Not applicable

After the last update to Android. I can no longer send MMS picture messages on a pay monthly tablet. So called 'Guru' no 1 said let me look at your account....pause...ok it will work again in an hour or two. 6 hours later, 2nd 'guru' has now told me that my contract doesn't include mms and it never has.

My issue is it did work before the update and now it doesn't. I cannot send or recieve mms messages on a Galaxy tab s 8.4

Starting to remember why i left in the first place.

Got new settings from o2....not working 'server response error'

manually input settings... not working 'server response error'

Can someone tell me something that that wont be totally contradicted by the next 'Guru'

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145096 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Sounds like a load of rubbish to me.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 31 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 tariff.jpg

Message 32 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

Look on O2s website for O2 Refresh Data 24M 2GB and there it is bold as brass when you look at the tariff details, picture messages (MMS) cost 40p per message on that tariff yet they claim it is not included!!!!

Message 33 of 40

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 34 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheers for that. Will look in my account page and take that with me to the shop today as well as my Tariff agreement which clearly states that i can send picture messages on my Refresh Data tariff. I mean why wouldn't it be included in a data tariff when it is data!?!? Theres only really two choices, voice or data.

Something is just not right with all the differing information i have recieved from O2 so far.

Message 35 of 40

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you to everyone who has tried to help sort this out.

I have now officially given up. Even with print outs of O2 Refresh 24M data 2GB tariff which says I can, My O2 tariff details which says I can, a previous charge for a 40p MMS in May when I got the Tablet. The end result was...

MMS messages are not able to be sent on your tariff. We reserve the right to amend tariffs as and when we please.

The only way I can send MMS messages is to pay off my device plan and data plan and change to a Sim only deal at twice what I'm paying now.

Spiel about the tariff on the website when I pointed out that if you go look on a Galaxy tab s deal on O2's website right now it says you can send picture messages in the tariff details is that these are generic and don't apply to data tariffs even though it's showing a data tariff!!!!

I've wasted enough of my time over this and will simple never again cross their doors and spend the rest of my time telling anyone who will listen that they are a bunch of lying cheating scum who obviously couldn't even lie straight in a coffin.

Message 37 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

Once again thank you to all who've suggested ways to help.

I NOW CAN SEND MMS messages again !!!!!!!!!!!

Which twists everything i've been told so far back around once again.

Customer Complaints department rocked my world with a very apologetic phone call a minute ago and got me to test it while still speaking to them.

My wife may be a little confused regarding the test message photograph but i won't go into that in too much detail !

thank you all once again..Crazy

Message 38 of 40

MI5
  • 145096 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
lol, I knew they were feeding you rubbish!!
Glad you are sorted at last slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 39 of 40

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

And there we have it, advisers who don't know diddly squat, trying to fob you off and hoping you go away. Very well done for persevering and getting it sorted. Chuffed for you mate Smiley Very Happy

Message 40 of 40