cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last bill date?

Anonymous
Not applicable

This might seem like something of an obvious question, however I've not been able to find the answer. I'm coming up to the end of my contract (actually, I believe it's passed). On MyO2, it says: Contract renewal date - 25th December 2012 as well as Next bill date - 27th January 2013 I would assume that means the contract would have ended on 25th, which I'm happy with. I contacted customer service awhile ago, and they said that when the contract ends, it won't be renewed (unless, I assume, you ask them to). I've got a screenshot of this conversation somewhere. I wasn't sure if this meant my contact had indeed ended, and the 'next bill date' is an automatically updating thing without too much meaning (as in, it doesn't change to 'N/A' if you've not got any more bill dates, but just changes to when your next date would be, should you have a contract still). I was hoping someone here could tell me if indeed my contract should have ended, or if I need to take this up with someone else as I was told wrong information. I'd normally check this information out on the MyO2 app, but it keeps telling me to review my network settings (when before I was always able to connect) - I can't remember the password for my own wifi at the moment. It was this that made me curious if my contract had finally ended. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Edit:

I have tried to find this information out several times before, however the only thing I can seem to find is information on cancelling the contract before it's end date, not seeing the contract out in full.

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
11 REPLIES 11

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Contracts normally turn into a rolling month contract. You have to give them 30 days notice to cancel.

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 12

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

All Contracts with o2 are worded minimum term not fixed term at the end of your minimum term it becomes a 30 day rolling contract to end you need to give 30 days notice.

from the t&c summary

2. Your Minimum Period – Your Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement has a minimum contract term called a minimum period. After that minimum period, you can end the Agreement by giving us 30 days’ notice. If you want to end the Agreement during the minimum period then you will have to pay a fee of no more than your monthly charges multiplied by the number of months left in your minimum period. Details of how we calculate the fee are on our Website. Details about the minimum period are in paragraph 8 of the Agreement.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Your contract will continue month by month until you give 30 days notice. Your contract end date is the end of the minimum term and proceeds on a rolling 30 day term.

Message 4 of 12

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

The password for your home wi-fi is normally on the bottom of your router.

If you want to use your number elsewhere do not cancel but ask O2 for a PAC to pass to your new provider, or you will lose your number.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's weird.

Maybe the person I spoke to had a different idea of a 'rolling contract' than I did. I asked him outright if it would turn into one, and he said it wouldn't. Unless I'm reading the conversation differently, this was it, should you be kind enough to look:

http://www.imagesocket.com/photos/guest/2563303

But whatever, not too important, unless I can use that in some way to state that I had thus been told that it wouldn't do what it has done, so shouldn't have to pay.

Is there any specific place I have to contact to get it stopped?

Message 6 of 12

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Just call CS on 202 from your phone:)

Online chat gurus need to be dismissed. So much wrong with them:(

(Bar the one or two who are great)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 7 of 12

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

send that live chat to the complaints review service http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

but ring 202 now to give 30 days notice if you want to keep number ask for a pac code

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 8 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Definitely ring 202 and give your 30 day's notice. That person you chatted to is misinformed.

You should also remove the link to your chat that you had from this thread. You really don't want the world to have your mobile number.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure. Tried to see if there was a way I could email, just to make sure that they could see the screenshot. 

Technically O2 have breached their own contract by telling me that it wouldn't happen, and then making it happen anyway. Misinformed person or not. tongue

Message 10 of 12