Did you mean: 

Keeping my number

Lee1985
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi
Just received my new phone and I wish to keep my old number trouble is I don’t have my old phone as it was stolen. Anyone know how I swap the number over to the new sim without having my old phone? Thanks
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149629 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
Without your old sim card and because there will be a block on your account, you must contact customer services to activate the replacement sim card and retain your number.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 149629 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
Without your old sim card and because there will be a block on your account, you must contact customer services to activate the replacement sim card and retain your number.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 11

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24019 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3774 Solutions

@Lee1985 Have you reported your phone as stolen to O2 and to the police?

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Lost-or-Stolen-O2-Device-How-to-Report-it/ba-p/1023988

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 11

Lee1985
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes this was last year and I went over to another provider as it was cheaper to take a new contract out. But now I want to use my 02 account and number. All I can find it to swap my number on here is to text swap on my old phone but obviously I don’t have the phone. Most likely got to call 02 and do it over be phone
Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 149629 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
Yes, that is the only way as I said above, but where is your O2 number now?
If on another network, you will need a PAC from them to bring your number back, but if you didn't take it with you a year ago, I fear it may be lost now.
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you may have lost it forever as you will need a new account & a new number if you are rejoining as a new customer 

Message 6 of 11

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Lee1985, how are you getting on with this? Any progress since you last posted?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 11

Lee1985
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi it’s all sorted now spoke to 02 and I’ve now got my original number. Thanks for all your responses
Message 8 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 126118 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

@Lee1985 wrote:
Hi it’s all sorted now spoke to 02 and I’ve now got my original number. Thanks for all your responses

Good to hear @Lee1985 You were lucky to get it back..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 149629 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
Yes very lucky but pleased it all worked out for you.
Message 10 of 11