Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Is o2 "customer service" the worst in the UK?

I have to deal with HMRC on a daily basis and believe me, they come over as highly knowledgable and motivated superhumans compared to ####. Live chat is simply hilarious in it's uselessness, and no one answers the phone at their "all UK" centres. Thank Mo and Jesus i've only four months left with them. Problem is, who's any better?
And, do O2 have an equivalent product to Vodaphones Sure signal or Orange's whatever its called phone that taps into your home wifi?
Does any one know the answer? No one in the local O2 shop does. They didn't actually know what it either product was or does, which given our location, where many areas suffer poor or no signal due to the geographical lie, not knowing your competitors products is simply dreadful practice. Neither did live chat, but you won't be surprised at that will you?
Topics: 579
Solutions: 4,219

Re: Is o2 "customer service" the worst in the UK?

The simple answer to the thread title is NO as many customers who have joined O2 have commented as such countless times.
As for the signal boosters, someone in the know has posted that they are trialling another one at the moment so fingers crossed on that.
Anonymous

I beg to differ.
I have never encountered such ineptness. I have the transcript of last nights live chat, which apparently I'm not allowed to scan into this message, which confirms it.
Anonymous

If you think O2 has the worst customer service you are going to get a really nasty shock when you try other providers!
I'm sure there are examples of mistakes by O2, but overall they are much better (in my experience) than other networks.
Anonymous

I see my post was deleted for firing a shot across the bow of the rude OP.
His post gets modified but mine gets deleted. Moderator 28 is a new number to me.
I just wish the Mods were as good at spotting spam as they are at peeing off the regular posters.
I often wonder why we bother!!
Topics: 25
Kudos: 275
Solutions: 39

Thought the thread got severely moderated!
But going back to the OP, without knowing what your conversation was about the post is a bit vague in relation to CS. Personally when I rang up last week, the CS operator was quite good and dealt with my query very well. My past experience with Vodafone CS has been shockingly bad but this line of conversation varies throughout all companies.
As for the wifi/signal booster, a small search on here will have revealed an active discussion.
Anonymous

I beg to differ.
I have never encountered such ineptness. I have the transcript of last nights live chat, which apparently I'm not allowed to scan into this message, which confirms it.

Personally, I think you are just here for the wind up!!

Your question is whether O2's customer service is the worst in the UK. Put simply, it isn't, try the others.
If you are here to flame O2, then take yourself to another board, this one is not interested.
Anonymous

i have to agree. all mobile providers are useless,some are more useless than others. o2 is one of the less useless ones in my experience. Orange didnt have a clue, and vodafone are just rude.
Anonymous

You know it always amazes me that people dont make a connection between their own attitude going into a convo with customer services and the level of service they get in return.
To answer the question..NO.. 02 is pretty darned good. Mostly they get it right, sometimes they mess up but hey..two minutes ago i dropped the ball at work and some poor sod is going to have to mop up the resulting mess. It happened cos im human as are the folk at 02. Try and remember its a mobile phone.. not open heart surgery you're sorting and grab some perspective.
Smiley Happy
Anonymous

I have to deal with HMRC on a daily basis and believe me, they come over as highly knowledgable and motivated superhumans compared to ####. Live chat is simply hilarious in it's uselessness, and no one answers the phone at their "all UK" centres. Thank Mo and Jesus i've only four months left with them. Problem is, who's any better?
And, do O2 have an equivalent product to Vodaphones Sure signal or Orange's whatever its called phone that taps into your home wifi?
Does any one know the answer? No one in the local O2 shop does. They didn't actually know what it either product was or does, which given our location, where many areas suffer poor or no signal due to the geographical lie, not knowing your competitors products is simply dreadful practice. Neither did live chat, but you won't be surprised at that will you?

They are all UK based call centers. The online chat are based in India I believe. In regards to the question you asked though, 'Is o2 "customer service" the worst in the UK," I suggest you read this link. http://www.o2.com/media/awards_tef_o2_uk.asp