Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Internet in Europe

Hello, I have little problem with understanding of the iphone £30 per month tarrifs. Im going for 2 weeks to Poland tommorow and im worried about the internet usage in there. First of all shall I turn data roaming on , and how much would it cost me to download applications from appstore, check email etc ? Any help would be appriciated. Thanks
Anonymous

Internet in Europe

[ Edited ]
Here's all the prices for roaming:

http://www.o2international.co.uk/standa ... _data.aspx

In Poland data would cost you £6 per MB, which is quite steep. Depending on what you can afford, it might be ok for checking emails every now and then, but it would quickly add up to lots of £££s for downloading attachments, apps, and heavy browsing.
Topics: 48
Kudos: 591
Solutions: 48

Internet in Europe

You may be better to purchase a data bundle

International Data Bundles

Bundle Monthly Subscription Inclusive Mb Cost of extra Mb
Data Abroad 10 £20 10Mb At standard rates
Data Abroad 50 £50 50Mb At standard rates
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Anonymous

Internet in Europe

I dont really have time to do that. Well, thanks anyway. And I would like to ask one more question. When i turn roaming off when im in Poland, will all the internet connection close down as long as i wont turn Safari on etc? I mean will it block me connectiong to internet? Thanks and Merry Xmas Smiley Very Happy ( Sorry for my bad English )
Topics: 293
Kudos: 1,844
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,310

Internet in Europe

I dont really have time to do that. Well, thanks anyway. And I would like to ask one more question. When i turn roaming off when im in Poland, will all the internet connection close down as long as i wont turn Safari on etc? I mean will it block me connectiong to internet? Thanks and Merry Xmas Smiley Very Happy ( Sorry for my bad English )

When you close data roaming off it will stop cell data you need to turn wi-fi off as well unless it is a free access point just to be safe.

But you can use any free wi-fi access point at no cost if you have them in Poland.

Adam
iPhone xs 256gb on 20gb tariff o2 open discount
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

Internet in Europe

When you close data roaming off it will stop cell data you need to turn wi-fi off as well unless it is a free access point just to be safe.

WiFi access points have no way of billing your phone... so there's no risk leaving it on. If you're in a paid-for WiFi zone then when you load Safari you will be asked for a voucher code / credit card details etc before you can do anything anyway Smiley Happy