cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International call barring

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is international call barring facility available with O2 pay monthly mobile contracts?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok.

I just wanted to clarify wether the call was completely unknown to you as can would need to investigate the call / charge.

I now understand you made the call but not via the process you thought.
Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it was a mistake I agree but in my defence I had made sure that such mistake would not cost me by barring all international calls.

Moreover let's say I loose my mobile and someone else makes a huge international call before I have had a chance to report the mobile stolen. I will still be liable to pay that.

Hence the request to stop all international calls. I really don't see O2 point of differing on this?

Or they just want a way to make extortionate amount of money from poor customers ?
Message 12 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I fail to see that when international calls are barred just as to how one can slip through? Surely a bar is a bar and is either in place or not. I would be speaking to a manager or making a complaint using the link in my signature below. You need to follow the O2 complaint process before taking it further.

Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Aha! Finally someone who can see my point exactly!

A bar is a bar and whatever happens an international call should not be allowed.

Apparently O2 are saying that they cannot guarantee the bar will work and I am still liable to pay for the charges.
On the chat channel they said it was a system error that the bar was removed but I wasn't informed about it and I only realised when the call cost appeared in my bill !!! 😞 😞 😞
Message 14 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
And I did not request to remove the bar after it was setup. They are saying that it probably got removed when they ported my old number over. Again no one informed me that would happen.
Message 15 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I do see your point.

I was just wanting to clarify that your phone had not been misused.

I understand your frustration. As a fellow customer of O2 and we can all sympathise here until the cows come home.

It's down to O2 and how they run their systems and change them (hopefully)

If enough customers contact them.
Message 16 of 16