cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International call barring

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is international call barring facility available with O2 pay monthly mobile contracts?

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Call customer service on 202. They used to be able to bar international calls unless things have changed.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Afaik O2 don't facilitate call barring at all.
Message 2 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Call customer service on 202. They used to be able to bar international calls unless things have changed.

Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree phone Cs and they will
Officially confirm your options.

Would you let us know what's said ? Please. slight_smile
Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought it was a pretty standard thing and every mobile operator did this.

Previously I have used 3Mobile, Virgin, Orange and Vodafone. All of them had this facility and have successfully blocked my international calls.

For O2, their response was they can do it but cannot guarantee that it will work and if any international call did go through on my account I will be liable to pay the cost even after asking for a international call barring enabled.

Message 5 of 16

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions
It is standard and O2 can do it, it's just a tick box like barring premium calls.

The problem, and all networks have this, is that if you are abroad and request a bar/remove a bar, they can't guarantee it will be successful as the SIM is technically not registered on it's domestic network.

Voda are a nightmare for it.

ewan
Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for updating your thread.

I'm sorry it was not the definitive answer you were seeking. 😞

Did you call them on 202 or use Live Chat ?
Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, first I had a chat with someone who asked me to call 202 both equally a waste of my time.

My case is an interesting one and it will probably go to Ofcom for resolution.

I basically called up O2 in the Month of Apr-14 (immediately after I bought the new contract) to Barr international calls on my accounts. A very helpful customer care operator did that for me and said it is now done.

After that I tried calling an international number to verify and to my joy the call did not go through as it was successfully blocked.

Two months later I suddenly see a huge charge on my account for an international call that was never supposed to happen since I had barred international calling.

Now O2 are saying that they cannot guarantee that international call barring would work and they are not liable for any charges that are incurred if the international call did get through after all.

I find that argument of O2 very silly and irresponsible and kind of washing their hands off their own mistake.

Not sure what others think?

Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

The international call that occurred.

Am I right in assuming you knew of the call ,or at least the contact that was called ?

Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I know that number.

My mother from outside UK gives me a ring (international number) every morning to remind me to call her but then I call her back using a VoIP service number (local UK number)

Because both contacts are stored in my phone under her name, it often happens that the international number gets dialled instead of the VoIP number during my morning rush.

Hence I do not want the option to make out going international numbers altogether. I do not understand what's so difficult in that and why O2 is such a cry baby for not doing it correctly.

If I had known before joining i would have never joined and probably would never renew my contract with them again now.
Message 10 of 16