cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete sim/account

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi wondering if a community officer can help me delete my sim and online account dude to me leaving o2

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Brammy

Them my advice above remains the same.

There is nothing else I can tell you. Until you give the 30 days notice to o2 you will continue to be charged and payment will continue to be collected.

This is part of the standard terms and conditions when you took on the contract initially

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @ Brammy

I'd your using a payg SIM card then if you don't use it or top it up then in approx 6 months it will de activate on its own accord.

Your online account will remain for a period of time due to business audit purposes.

Ref this forum then simply log out and again it will go dormant.

If your on a Pay Monthly Contract then you must give 30 days notice by contacting Cs on 202 or use the PAC Code within 30 days if you requested one to give to another network to keep your mobile number ,and this will end the O2 contract.

Help links ;

Pac Code ; http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427...

Leaving O2 ; http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...

Test out how other networks perform in your area via payg SIM cards if one good piece of advise to people leaving.

Take care.

slight_smile
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I'm on pay monthly I've seen on the chat that someone has canceled the sim and online account straight away
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Brammy and welcome to the Community.

When canceling a contract you must give 30 days notice UNLESS you request a PAC.

If you request a PAC then your contract will end when the number ports to the new network.

It is not possible to end a contract account same day (except if you have just entered into it and are in the 7 day cooling off period)
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can't a community office so this for me I've moved to 3 with a new number didn't no I cud change number straight away
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Brammy

What exactly do you want sorting out?

If you have entered a contract with 3 and not given notice to o2 then you need to call o2 on 202 from an o2 contract phone and cancel your account giving 30 days notice. WE DO NOT RECOMMEND USING LIVE CHAT FOR THIS.

If you requested a PAC and provided this to 3 then you will have kept your number and your contract with o2 would end the day the number ports.

Community moderators are unable to cancel your account as you would have to go through security. You will need to contact 202.

Please let us know how you get on.
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I want my online account and sim shutting before next bill if that's possible
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

That's not possible. You need to call customer service and give notice. A final bill will be produced.

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Brammy

Them my advice above remains the same.

There is nothing else I can tell you. Until you give the 30 days notice to o2 you will continue to be charged and payment will continue to be collected.

This is part of the standard terms and conditions when you took on the contract initially
Message 9 of 9