Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

I hate my existing handset and want an iphone

I am only a few months into a 24mnth o2 contract so i realise i wont be able to change my handset on my existing deal. I currently have a Samsung Jet on a £30 a month contract with an added bolt on of unlimited web.

What i would like to know is if i buy a handset on PAYG will i be able to use my existing contract chip in the iphone or do i have to stick with the PAYG chip.

Or am i better off having a 2nd contract so i pay less for the phone but end up paying for 2 contracts till the first one runs out?

Thanks in advance for any answers
Highlighted
Anonymous

you can buy a iphone from o2 on pay and go but then throw away the pay and go sim and use ur monthly sim.
Highlighted
Anonymous

But you will need to either change the settings on the phone/account due to you having the web bolt on to work with the iPhone or just change your tariff on your existing contract to the same priced iPhone tariff.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks for the replys

On my existing contract I have unlimited texts and a unlimited web bolt on. I amnot sure I would miss call merging or visual voicemail so if i just use my existing sim would my web bolt on still work with the iphone?

Or if i wanted to would o2 swap me to an iphone tariff mid way through my contract?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks for the replys
On my existing contract I have unlimited texts and a unlimited web bolt on. I amnot sure I would miss call merging or visual voicemail so if i just use my existing sim would my web bolt on still work with the iphone?
Or if i wanted to would o2 swap me to an iphone tariff mid way through my contract?

If you are going to fork out crazy money for the soon to be updated iPhone, buy the HTC Desire. Don't spend a load of cash on old ageing technology.
Highlighted
Anonymous

want a blackberry

I am in a similar situation. I have a year left on my contract and hate my phone! Would o2 let me get a new phone and get an internet bolt on? Or would i have to spend the cash on a pay as you go blackberry and throw away the new sim?
Highlighted
Anonymous

I think you will have to add the web bolt on to your existing contract and buy a PAYG phone and put your contract sim in it.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Called o2 and yeah, thats all they can do. Sucks Smiley Sad
Highlighted
Anonymous

i am in a similar situation after a pushy sales advisor recommeded that i go onto a online 20 deal, i am now faced with a £211 bill and a phone that i dont even like! originally i wanted an iphone, i was originally on the online 30 and never went over my tariff. Whats happened now is I have gobe over without knowing and now owe this huge bill. Additionally now that I have gone over the 14 days colling off i cannot return the phone! arghhhh. I called them today and they agreed what the advisor sold me was not appropriate, they have now put me on the online 30 again. However they cannot offer me a new phone and I still have to pay £118 for my bill! its crap. He said I can buy an iphone from the shop then transfer my tariff to an iphone tariff - however I dont believe they will do this if i do buy one, plus its £350!
Any advice???