cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer a number between two o2 contracts?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure if this specific question has been asked before (if it has, I can't find it):

I want to purchase a new o2 contract from mobiles.co.uk (a new o2 contract is cheaper than any upgrade option from o2 or mobiles.co.uk), and I still have my existing o2 sim only deal (that I am now paying monthly by choice, as the contract is complete).

My question is, how would I go about getting my current number onto the new contract. I would obviously call and cancel the old, complete contract. Would I then just ask them to transfer my number to my new o2 contract from mobiles.co.uk? Would I have a brand new myo2 account as well? Any help would be appreciated

Community_STS_0.png
Community_STS_1.png Community_STS_2.png
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149048 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28464 Solutions

Wouldn't surprise me at all @collierp77 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 21 of 24

collierp77
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've submitted a complaint. Thankfully I found this thread! I knew it was possible as I've done it previously but this just gave me the extra 1% confidence. Thank you for your and others help!

Message 22 of 24

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9098 Posts
  • 207 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@collierp77 wrote:

I've submitted a complaint. Thankfully I found this thread! I knew it was possible as I've done it previously but this just gave me the extra 1% confidence. Thank you for your and others help!

Do not expect @collierp77 a quick response from O2. We understand that it is taking O2 up to eight weeks to investigate and respond to complaints. 

I am also unclear as to the basis of your complaint ? It appears that your problem has been solved so what are you hoping to achieve ?  

Message 23 of 24

collierp77
  • 11 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My complaint is based on the agent either lying to me (for 2 hours) or the need for product training for the agent and whomever he consulted with the many times I was put on hold. 

As for what I'm looking to achieve, well, I'm hoping that someone else won't have to go through the same nonsense.

Some 'feel good' pennies wouldn't go amiss either grin

Message 24 of 24