cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to formally cancel a contract with O2?

BRS
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

I've only very recently joined O2 for the first time and am unimpressed with most aspects of the service so far. I received a pay monthly SIM from the website and I'm well within the 14 day cooling off period.

I've requested and received a PAC and cancelled the DD. Is there anything else I need to do? The SMS containing the PAC says "If you're on sim only, you'll need to call us before we can process your switching request" but frankly I've had enough of my time wasted being put on hold and arguing with customer service already so would prefer to use email if possible.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@jonsie

I think this is because its a new contract and still within the 14 day cooling off period. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 11 of 13

teb
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

it's ridiculous 

Message 12 of 13

BRS
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsieyou are correct. Using the PAC within 14 days of receiving the SIM in the post cancels the service and no more needs to be done. A confirmation of the service terminating was sent by O2 via SMS after the port completed to the new provider. The O2 SIM can be cut in half and disposed of. A final bill should be generated within 14 days of service end (will update if there any issues with that).

Easy slight_smile

Message 13 of 13