cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i pay this bill?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Due to getting confused over Christmas costs, my DD for pay monthly/device failed. As I only have a basic bank account, I do not have a debit card and so cannot pay using that method, and can't find any information about paying via online banking. I can only find an option to pay via debit card (impossible) or phone O2 directly, which seems pointless as I cannot use any method of over-the-phone payment - unless they can authorise to take the DD again?

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

The OP mentioned that o2 were unwilling to do so for them tho....

@MI5
I haven't spoken to O2 about this at any point, so I am unsure where you got that information from. I asked in my original post whether it was worth phoning if I am unable to pay a bill over the phone; not that O2 were unwilling to do anything. As I say, I haven't spoken to O2 at all. Also, you seem to suggest (correct me if I'm wrong, it's Sunday!) that I don't have a DD set up. I do, but did not have enough money in my bank to cover it due to my being confused over how much I'd spent in the run up to Christmas.

Maybe the OP misunderstood or wasn't clear exactly what they wanted to do. He has been told apparently to call in 48 hours and they will change the date. 

@jonsie -
I'm confused; as above, I haven't spoken to O2 so I'm not sure what you are referring to. @Cleoriff answered my query and gave me online banking information, which will solve the problem should it arise in the future, and I have paid the bill with my partner's debit card. At no point do I wish to change my DD date - are you referring to someone else? As I say, it's Sunday and my brain isn't quite awake yet, so apologies if I've confused this issue! I am happy with my DD date, and I'm not the first person to accidentally not have quite enough money in the bank (I was off by less than £3) to cover one payment. Luckily I was able to borrow my partner's card to pay, and in the future I have O2's banking information to pay via online banking, thanks to @Cleoriff's helpful post.

And I'm a she wink

As for debit cards, most banks have a basic account option, which is usually used for people who have been in massive debt or who have other reasons for the bank to not "trust" them with a real account. In my case, I have a disability which made it difficult for me to look after my finances when I was younger (not due to overspending or debt, but from a vulnerability point of view) and so my benefits were paid into my mother's account (which is normal - many in the same situation do it) to protect me. As a result, Santander have viewed this as an inability to be trusted with a true bank account *shrug*

It's a known issue for many people in similar situations, and it's very silly if you ask me. As I say, I'll be moving accounts after new year is over. Thanks all for the help and advice - my payment has gone through so problem solved slight_smile

Message 31 of 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
I was confusing your thread with another similar one also started yesterday.
My apologies.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 32 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous Thanks for your feedback. Oh and I knew without doubt you were a 'she'...Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 33 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem @MI5, I spend my life confused so I understand wink

Message 34 of 35

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions