cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i pay this bill?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Due to getting confused over Christmas costs, my DD for pay monthly/device failed. As I only have a basic bank account, I do not have a debit card and so cannot pay using that method, and can't find any information about paying via online banking. I can only find an option to pay via debit card (impossible) or phone O2 directly, which seems pointless as I cannot use any method of over-the-phone payment - unless they can authorise to take the DD again?

Message 1 of 35
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
You can visit the O2 store and pay by cash, or call customer services and ask for their bank details. See if you download a copy of your bill from my O2, I'm sure it lists other ways you can pay.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
You can visit the O2 store and pay by cash, or call customer services and ask for their bank details. See if you download a copy of your bill from my O2, I'm sure it lists other ways you can pay.
Message 2 of 35

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous There are various ways to pay listed in my guidelines here

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Ways-to-pay-guidelines/m-p/874982

However as your direct debit hasn't been paid you need to contact customer services asap as you will end up with a default on your account and your phone could be barred. You don't need this over Christmas

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 35

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Use the landline to call cs on the number on the contact us link.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 35

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

It's been some time since I set up a new bank account, so I can't speak from a point of authority. Maybe @jonsie, who works in banking can clarify this, but I had always presumed that if you opened a current account with a bank you were always issued a debit card, no matter how small of an amount was originally deposited in the account.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 35

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Most basic bank accounts do now come with debit cards. But also working a bank, I know some people use a savings account instead, as there is not authorised or unauthorised overdraft and most don't charge for failed direct debits.
Message 6 of 35

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

It does depend on the type of account but most banks give you the option of a debit card. No idea what the account the OP has, if he can set up direct debits through the account then he can also request a debit card.

Is paying at an o2 store a new option? As far as I'm aware they don't take payments.

The best option now is to get someone to pay the bill for you with their card and pay them back in cash.

Message 7 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Although if you have a poor credit history many banks wont issue you with a card until you prove yourself credit worthy again. I know this for fact as it happened to a family member. Took him 3 years....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all, thanks for the advice - I've borrowed my partner's card to pay it for now.

Regarding bank accounts... different banks have different rules, and unfortunately I made the mistake of joining Santander, who don't issue debit cards with their basic account. I was told I would be moved to a current account (remembering, a basic account is a different thing to a current account) within a month, and here I am over five years later... and lots of arguing back and forth with the ombudsman, as my credit rating is perfect. I know moving accounts would be far easier as all other banks are happy to give me a debit card (and a normal account) but it's one of those things I never get around to. I will, as this is the latest in a long line of problems I've had and I'm sick of it!

Cleoriff, thank you for that - I found your info earlier but was unsure as a number of posts elsewhere mention no online banking ability.

Message 9 of 35

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Glad to hear you've been able to resolve this @Anonymous. I wasn't aware that bank accounts without debit cards even existed. Take your own advice, kick Santander down the road, and set up an account with a bank that will treat you with the respect anyone with a good credit rating should have. Best of luck.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 35