cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get a VAT invoice?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anybody know How to get a VAT invoice?

Previous postings say speak to chat - I've tried that with 3 different people with the following response:

1) Will turn on VAT invoicing in 48 hours - Still can't get them

2) Told me that the invoice that states 'This is not a VAT invoice' and has no VAT number is actually a VAT invoice and its an error that it carries these words.  HMRC will be fine with it they say!!!

3) Yes you have VAT invoicing switched on - We can post you invoices but will take up to 14 days - They can't understand why I can't download them

Surely it can't be this difficult???

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123258 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Well done @pgn...it only took 10months. Looks like you got an early Christmas presentBouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 28

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36364 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

@CleoriffThanks - the trick is to get their attention (Twitter does this), then get them on the phone and just ask for the "VAT Invoice option to be enabled on your Airtime account, number XXXXXXXX (off your last bill header)".

Then forget about it, as nothing will happen until the next bill is issued, always 1st of the month for me. 

Screenshot_20171203-174459_01.jpg

[image size edited]

Message 22 of 28

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Brilliant. Really pleased for you @pgn

Your persistence does you credit and a nice mention for @MercedesS 😀 

Message 23 of 28

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Morning @pgn!

I am glad to see that you did it! Bouncy 

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 24 of 28

Mack
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I required VAT invoices so my company could process the expenses and VAT element. I was told they would be posted but cost £1 pound each. Never received them and this i'll mark it as VAT invoicing doesn't work.

A VAT invoice legally requires certain information to be included to make it VAT reimbursable, this includes the VAT number. Missing in your Invoices!

I'm suspicious of a company that Charges VAT but cant and won't provide the legal receipt or invoice.

Message 25 of 28

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36364 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

As it says up there;

A regular VAT invoice can be turned on by calling customer services for the airtime only, once the service is on the account the customer should then get the VAT invoice on line, but not retrospectively.

The account above is how I got it re-enabled, for the same reason you cite, @Mack. And the Device part of Refresh is a Credit Agreement, no VAT on that component. Nothing else I can say, except to keep hassling O2 in Social Media or on 202. Good luck 

Message 26 of 28

Dingbat333
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If it is not a VAT receipt, why do we have to pay the VAT element.  Wonder how quick they would be in contact if I reduced the DD!

Message 27 of 28

MI5
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

@Dingbat333 Everyone pays vat but a vat invoice is only relevant if you're a business in which case you should be on a business contract which includes a vat invoice automatically.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 28 of 28