cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get a VAT invoice?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anybody know How to get a VAT invoice?

Previous postings say speak to chat - I've tried that with 3 different people with the following response:

1) Will turn on VAT invoicing in 48 hours - Still can't get them

2) Told me that the invoice that states 'This is not a VAT invoice' and has no VAT number is actually a VAT invoice and its an error that it carries these words.  HMRC will be fine with it they say!!!

3) Yes you have VAT invoicing switched on - We can post you invoices but will take up to 14 days - They can't understand why I can't download them

Surely it can't be this difficult???

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36591 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1632 Solutions
And, before Refresh, the VAT invoice was provided on-line, no posting needed, on the day that your bill is issued. Is this not still the case for the Airtime portion of Refresh, @Martin-O2?
Message 11 of 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145149 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27862 Solutions

A regular VAT invoice can be turned on by calling customer services for the airtime only, once the service is on the account the customer should then get the VAT invoice sent to them via post monthly.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 12 of 28

pgn
  • 36591 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1632 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

A regular VAT invoice can be turned on by calling customer services for the airtime only, once the service is on the account the customer should then get the VAT invoice sent to them via post monthly.

I was debating the "via post only" bit, always got my VAT invoice online before Refresh... 

Message 13 of 28

MI5
  • 145149 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27862 Solutions
That was info previously given by O2, so unless told otherwise, they clearly state post only.
No idea why though. You'd think it was easier to provide it online, surely?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 14 of 28

pgn
  • 36591 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1632 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
That was info previously given by O2, so unless told otherwise, they clearly state post only.
No idea why though. You'd think it was easier to provide it online, surely?

The whole point of paperless, surely, yes. I know there is a section in the My Bill part of the website that says "VAT invoice" or similar, that is where I always went for mine, once the account was activated for VAT invoicing by CS on 202.

Message 15 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 123443 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

From O2:

We don’t issue a VAT invoice on the device plans every month, the Refresh agreement is a credit agreement and unless it’s a business account we are not obliged to produce monthly VAT invoices. Customer services can complete a form to send out a device plan VAT invoice for a specific month but this needs to be requested by the customer each time they need it and will be sent via post.

@MI5Where is the link for this info? When I searched I could only find the form I posted (about live chat)

I know Martin said both methods could be used but your info seems more up to date...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 28

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

From O2:

We don’t issue a VAT invoice on the device plans every month, the Refresh agreement is a credit agreement and unless it’s a business account we are not obliged to produce monthly VAT invoices. Customer services can complete a form to send out a device plan VAT invoice for a specific month but this needs to be requested by the customer each time they need it and will be sent via post.

@MI5Where is the link for this info? When I searched I could only find the form I posted (about live chat)

I know Martin said both methods could be used but your info seems more up to date...:smileywink:

Didn't one of the admin post this.....? 

Message 17 of 28

MI5
  • 145149 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27862 Solutions
I saved it from a post made by @Marjo.
No link for it though, sorry.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 18 of 28

pgn
  • 36591 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1632 Solutions

Yay, look @MI5 and @Cleoriff and @jonsie:

This is how Refresh Airtime "view and download bill" should look after requesting "VAT invoice" is enabled on a domestic account (thanks to @MercedesS for the encouragement to persist with O2 on 202!) - only took them 10 months to get it turned back on again for me Thanks!

Screenshot_20171201-205247_01_01.jpg

[image size edited]

Message 19 of 28

MI5
  • 145149 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27862 Solutions
Great, at last !

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 20 of 28