Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Handset unfit for purpose?

You remind me of this guy I once knew, his name was ####, your not him are you?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Having being a customer for over 3 years with 2 contracts I am now leaving you ASAP. In an 18 month contract but no handset due to Apple confirming manufacturing fault with handset and out of their 12 month warranty. Appreciate my contract is for airtime but as the handset comes with it I would assume the Sales of Goods Act would mean the associated hardware must be fit for use for the contract duration? To be told "you should have thought about that" when getting a contract and "if you'd been clever you could have lied and said you'd dropped it" is absolutely appalling. Is this usual practice?

You have been far too scant with your information and this thread is a tooth pulling exercise. You seem to be resistant to advice and have an answer for everything.
This is a customer forum and if you want to deliver your complaint to O2, then this is not the place to do it.
It sounds to me that your phone has developed a fault after the warranty has expired and you want somebody else to pay for it.
You haven't said what the fault is and I cannot believe that Apple would put their hands up to a manufacturing fault and not do something about it.
This is all too vague!

As an aside, don't confuse O2's chosen insurer with O2.... two very seperate companies with two very different agendas.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I'm sorry and surprised that you appear to feel so strongly about my use of this customer forum. I am not resistant to advice and have in fact thanked people for it however some of the advice provided had already been attempted. Your powerful skills of detection, or maybe just the fact I clearly stated the situation, have ascertained I have a faulty phone out of warranty and do not wish to pay for repair when I am still in contract...hence why I asked if this is usual practice. I had already complained to O2 and received the responses previously stated - they do not make it usual practice I understand to advise of exceptions to the response I received hence asking for advice on a customer forum in the hope that someone may have had a similar experience with a more positive outcome. Most of the responses I received were positive attempts to help with the exception of yours so I shall end my thread grateful that most people appear to have a sense of perspective in such things.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I'm sorry and surprised that you appear to feel so strongly about my use of this customer forum. I am not resistant to advice and have in fact thanked people for it however some of the advice provided had already been attempted. Your powerful skills of detection, or maybe just the fact I clearly stated the situation, have ascertained I have a faulty phone out of warranty and do not wish to pay for repair when I am still in contract...hence why I asked if this is usual practice. I had already complained to O2 and received the responses previously stated - they do not make it usual practice I understand to advise of exceptions to the response I received hence asking for advice on a customer forum in the hope that someone may have had a similar experience with a more positive outcome. Most of the responses I received were positive attempts to help with the exception of yours so I shall end my thread grateful that most people appear to have a sense of perspective in such things.

There you go, that is me all over.... the negative type.
The advice you were given in here is probably the best you will get in any Network forum. You were advised what to do and chose to ignore that advice, always, it seems, knowing better.
This is the point where I tell you that you do not know better than those who advised you, as they are the "in the know" types. I am sure somebody telling you that you do not know better is very hurtful, but yes, it is true.
You still haven't disclosed the fault and therefore I can only assume this is far from a manufacturing issue.
It just so happens that I was in an Apple store today enquiring about the iPad2. I put this scenario to the staff, you know... the "proven" manufacturing fault etc and they, without question stated they would swap it out. Whilst I was there, I also witnessed a customer with a water damaged Mac Book Pro being told that the damage was not covered under warranty but as a one off and a gesture of goodwill, they would repair it free of charge on this occasion.
I just cannot see Apple refusing to help you, therefore I struggled with the whole story.....if you get my meaning!!
I do believe you aimed this thread at O2, hoping some helpful staff member would be bowled over by your strong statement of injustice, the mentioning of the SOG Act and fit for purpose etc.
They didn't and we didn't! Those that tried to help are far nicer than I am and for that I apologise. :womanindifferent: