cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO: Get your PAC Code from O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Note: we have an updated guide on getting your PAC in the How-to Guides section, please see here. slight_smile

If you want to contact O2 about leaving or getting a PAC, you can also use the Social links below:

Community_STS_PAC2.png
Community_STS_1.png Community_STS_2.png

Seen this a lot around the forum, so I thought I'd make a post on how to do it

Firstly, give O2 Customer Service a call on 4445 fron your O2 Mobile.
Select the option which is "Join or leave O2". Then in the next menu select the option "To leave O2".

Now, you will be put through to an advisor who will ask you for your name and phone number. Then ask them for your Port Authorisation Code. You will be asked for your security password if you have set one up with them. Don't worry if you havn't sent one up; if you don't have one then you will not need to give it to them.

You will be asked if you have a pen and paper ready to write the code down. Don't worry if you haven't because they post it out to you anyway. They will ask you for your name and address so they can post it to you.

O2 may ask for a reason for leaving and the Port Authorisation Code (PAC) is only valid from 30 days of issue. Provide your PAC code to another operator if you wish to keep your existing number from another network.

Message 1 of 119
118 REPLIES 118

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@SimNotWorking wrote:
Unfortunately O2 do not care about your customers, I’m happy I’m leaving too.
I have cancelled 2 of my pay monthly SIM cards.
Best thing I did.

How to get PAC here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 111 of 119

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MadAdaM
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That information is incomplete / incorrect for Business Customers. Customer Services (8002 / 4445) are unable to issue PAC codes - this has to be done by the retention team. The retention team are only availablle Mon-Fri 09:00-18:00. Their direct number is (allegedly - I will check on Monday): 0800 9541350. 

If you thought leaving was easy!

Message 113 of 119

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Information was checked by O2 and was correct at time of posting.
As things do change, your update, I'm sure, will be appreciated.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 114 of 119

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As far as I know, any consumer customers get transferred to retentions when they call up for a PAC and live chat will advise you to call customer service unless a retentions chat adviser is available who then takes over the chat.

Message 115 of 119

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Cheers for that extra info @jonsie thumbsup

Currently using:
Message 116 of 119

Paul_H
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have attempted to request mine today, not a great customer experience.

Called 202, advised there was a 15min wait.

Chatted online, spent 15mins talking to robot who eventually worked out I had to be transferred.  Passed to what I assume is the retention team.  I assume they can see what I have £15pm 2Gb unlimited mins and texts.  They asked why I wanted to move, cheaper deal I said £10pm 4Gb unlim calls and text.

The counteroffer was £18pm 20Gb unlimited plus 6 months Netflix - uh?  Did I ask to pay more?  Did I ask for more data?  I only use half my current allowance, I want to pay less for what I am using and I dont need or want Netflix.

So then we went through the process.  It is tortuously slow on chat.  From start to finish, for two mobile numbers on the same account it took about 40mins so not a quick exercise.

Received the two codes by text, one to each number.

If anyone is interested within o2 I am leaving because of the problems printing bills that have affected me (an others) over the last two years, plus I feel I am paying too much compared to other network providers.

Message 117 of 119

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I'm sure @Martin-O2 will feed this back. Customer experience when requesting a PAC isn't good as I know from my own experience .

Message 118 of 119

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @jonsie

@Paul_H I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad experience when attempting to get PAC codes. I'm happy to pass on your feedback. I'll drop you a private message so we can talk further. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 119 of 119