cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! canceling a contract?

Anonymous
Not applicable
if i canceled my contract because i lost my job would o2 understand or would they be an ass and give me a bill bill? any help?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 87349 Posts
  • 596 Topics
  • 5298 Solutions
They would hold you you the terms of the contract. Do you have any family member who could take over the contract for you?
2020-Awards-jonsie5695219-2

O2 Social Media

SM IconsTwitter

Instagram

Facebook

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Makes me Sick sometimes
but when you sign the paper they squeeze every penny right outta ur backside and as soon as they owe u its all so called Credited money which you cant touch
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
no one will take over the contract because off the price but i was woundering would they let you give the phone back and they could put you on a cheaper contract with a cheaper phone?
Message 4 of 6

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3182 Posts
  • 30 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
Makes me Sick sometimes
but when you sign the paper they squeeze every penny right outta ur backside and as soon as they owe u its all so called Credited money which you cant touch

In other words, a legally binding contract. And yes, if they make a mistake you can request the cash to be paid directly. The usual route is to go through the complaint review service.
Message 5 of 6

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3182 Posts
  • 30 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
no one will take over the contract because off the price but i was woundering would they let you give the phone back and they could put you on a cheaper contract with a cheaper phone?

Unfortunately no. If you at the mid point of the contract then you can drop a level but this isn't large enough in your budget (about £5 down to the mext tariff).
What you could do is sell the phone and use the proceeds to cover the commitment whilst having to make do with a cheapo phone till your situation gets resolved.
Its a sacrifice but the last thing you want is to start defaulting which will not only have an impact on your credit rating in the future, some employers are also doing credit checks on prospective employees and that default could be critical.
Message 6 of 6