Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gympass app and website - issue with O2 data

Rachel1534
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi everyone, looking for some help. I use the app Gympass to get access to my local gym. I arrive at the gym, log into the app to ‘check in’ and then have 15 mins to get into the gym. For the past week my O2 data doesn’t seem to be working with either the app or the website. But both work fine when I’m on WiFi. It’s making life quite difficult getting into the gym, my partner who is on a different network is having to create a WiFi hotspot for me to connect to so I can get into the app and check in. I’ve tried deleting the app and reinstalling, I have checked mobile data is on etc. It doesn’t seem to be a Gympass issue as my partners’ is fine and when I’m connected to WiFi the app and website work fine. It seems to be an O2 issue with Gympass. Prior to last week it worked fine, no problems. I’d be very grateful of any help/suggestions! Thanks in advance 

Message 1 of 23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rachel1534
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@madasaf1sh @slinxy @TimAlb62  I have been sent a fix from Gympass - see below. It requires o2 to verify your age in order to use the app. I’ve done it and it seems to have worked. 

3F17C930-714B-4C85-A5B6-DC088F3913A6.jpeg

View solution in original post

Message 18 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Rachel1534 

Have you spoken to Gympass at all? 

As it sounds like a change they have made especially if as you said it worked last week, as it could be a permissions issue with an update. 

Do all other apps work with mobile data?

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 23

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Rachel1534
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

There aren’t any o2 issues. I have already checked this. Everything else works perfectly, it just seems to be an issue between Gympass and o2. Thanks though

Message 4 of 23

Rachel1534
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi, thanks for your reply. I have contacted Gympass, I await their response at the moment. I will mention your comment re:permissions slight_smile

Message 5 of 23

TimAlb62
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Rachel

Have you had this resolved as I am experiencing the very same issue using my iphone Gympass app and O2 mobile data. I have no issue with Wifi and my wife has no issues with the app using her Three data network.

Interestingly the gympass mobile website is also unreachable using O2 mobile data (safari cannot open the page because it could not establish a secure connection to the server).

The issue only became evident to me last week after several successful Gympass gym check-ins on O2 mobile data earlier in the week.  

I have reported the issue to Gympass this morning and they are not aware of the issue, but suggest it is definitely a data provider issue. They have escalated to the Technical Team and I await a response.

Have you checked the issue with O2 yet?

Message 6 of 23

madasaf1sh
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@TimAlb62 @Rachel1534 

What phone do you have? Is it an iPhone by any chance as my iPhone fails to gympass.com/uk (site.gympass.com) and Android works perfectly. both o2 connections but is very slow on a EE MVNO

Looks like GymPasses infrastructure is in AWS and they use Route 53 for DNS, so o2 are not blocking aws traffic. 

can you try to go to https://site.gympass.com/uk

Also can you post your IP (from mobile data and not wifi) here from https://ip.help.me.uk

As it smells like an IP Block been presented to AWS

Message 7 of 23

TimAlb62
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

Yes it is an iphone (model 11). 

Using mobile data I am unable to click through the gympass link you provided (same error: safari cannot open the page because it could not establish a secure connection to the server).

Also, I cannot get through to your IP help link using mobile data.

Thanks for your help

Message 8 of 23

madasaf1sh
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

Just to add to the above this does look like a Gympass issue as just put this through some network analysis tools, (Fiddler and Wireshark) and Gympass are closing the connections from iPhones on a particular Gateway IP address. 

@RafaC @Martin-O2 @lewys-gp 

It might be worth passing up to the NOC / SOC in o2 as one of the IP's - 82.132.246.57 and the subnet 82.132.244.0/22 (is on both Talos and Trend ERS as bad and this may be causing some issues where companies block on DUL's

Message 9 of 23

TimAlb62
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks for your help, but despite a modicum of technical knowledge you have lost me on what course of action I should take next.  

From a timing perspective, it is interesting that this issue has probably affected me at roughly the same time as the individual who raised the issue on this forum.

Message 10 of 23