Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gympass app and website - issue with O2 data

Rachel1534
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi everyone, looking for some help. I use the app Gympass to get access to my local gym. I arrive at the gym, log into the app to ‘check in’ and then have 15 mins to get into the gym. For the past week my O2 data doesn’t seem to be working with either the app or the website. But both work fine when I’m on WiFi. It’s making life quite difficult getting into the gym, my partner who is on a different network is having to create a WiFi hotspot for me to connect to so I can get into the app and check in. I’ve tried deleting the app and reinstalling, I have checked mobile data is on etc. It doesn’t seem to be a Gympass issue as my partners’ is fine and when I’m connected to WiFi the app and website work fine. It seems to be an O2 issue with Gympass. Prior to last week it worked fine, no problems. I’d be very grateful of any help/suggestions! Thanks in advance 

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Rachel1534
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi guys. I’m also on an iPhone 11. I can’t open the Gympass website (link above) using my data either. As soon as I turn my WiFi on and it connects my BT home hub the website and the app work perfectly fine. 

Message 11 of 23

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Rachel1534 

It is something that Gympass need to fix as they are the ones blocking traffic to there site from o2 apple devices from what  I can tell

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 12 of 23

Rachel1534
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I’ll go back to Gympass with the info you’ve said 😊😊 Thank you 

Message 13 of 23

TimAlb62
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @madasaf1sh 

I've already got an escalation on my earlier chat with O2, so will await a response on that. I will update here when I get a response

@Rachel1534 If you get any luck with them yourself, can you please post on here. Thanks.

In the meantime, I might see if I get onto the gym wifi to check-in on arrival.

Message 14 of 23

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the tag on this one @madasaf1sh. I'll pass it up the chain. 😉

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 15 of 23

slinxy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All

I'm having the same issue with the app and website from my o2 iphone. 

It works fine on wifi but I can't use the my wifi when I'm at the gym.

The crazy thing is; if you switch off mobile data and back on again.  It works for a brief while.

I've swaped my o2 simcard for my work voda simcard and it works fine.

I would guess it's a possible DNS entry issue with o2, but that won't explain why it would work if I switch off mobile data and back on again.

This is likely something that both o2 and gympass needs to work on together.

There is wifi at some gyms... that could be use as a workaround in the meantime.

Message 16 of 23

madasaf1sh
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@slinxy 

Its not DNS as the name resolves in DNS, it still looks like Gympass blocking some o2 traffic through AWS so probably needs an ACL clearing down by GymPass

Message 17 of 23

Rachel1534
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@madasaf1sh @slinxy @TimAlb62  I have been sent a fix from Gympass - see below. It requires o2 to verify your age in order to use the app. I’ve done it and it seems to have worked. 

3F17C930-714B-4C85-A5B6-DC088F3913A6.jpeg

Message 18 of 23

slinxy
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hmm... my age restriction was already off, so I've just switched it on and back off again.

Could you proven the email address for gym pass help email address please in case the issue remains.

Message 19 of 23

madasaf1sh
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

Sounds odd @Rachel1534 

I have age restriction off across my personal and enterprise sim cards, so I don't think the issue is age verification related, as it would return so on o2's side when accessing the website.

Seems odd as well as it only affects iPhones on o2

Message 20 of 23