cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud-Someone upgraded my phone and customer support couldn't cancel it.

Koritsu
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So at 22:09 I got a e-mail saying We've received your order for,

Item(s) ordered: 3 20**Personal info** StandardDelivery
        1 Apple iPhone Xs Max 256GB Space Grey O2 Refresh FLX 60GB Set 3 £35
        2 Claim a free gift

I notice 2 minutes later so i logged onto my account and changed password and also check. It seem someone had used the free upgrade, So i when to the order page to try and cancel but they is no option too. Ofcouse at this time the phone line are close so i live chat to see if they could help sort this out, or atleats freeze the transaction or cancel it but the person i talked to said he couldn't.

He told me the fraud team would need to investigate and it would take up to 5 days which i find pretty bad. After trying to explain that the money for this is not in the bank to cover it and i don't now how they can't stop the transction when I contacted then quickly he said the best he could do was to email the team escalate it for them to cancel in 24 hours.

Sadly 2 hours later i got another e-mail saying your order is on the way and when i go to track the parcel it shows No results found. So i have no idea where it is going to. I checked my account after my monthly tariff has gone up to £35 from £9.82.

i don't know what else i can do except call them in the morning

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Koritsu  Apart from calling customer service in the morning, take a look at this link, and also scroll down to the links within it. Some or all might be of assistance to you: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/phishing-and-smishing-advice

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Koritsu  Apart from calling customer service in the morning, take a look at this link, and also scroll down to the links within it. Some or all might be of assistance to you: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/phishing-and-smishing-advice

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10665 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hello @Koritsu
I understand how shocked you must feel and upset and worse not being to get it all stopped.
I read that you checked your account and it is showing £35 from £9.82. Obviously o2 have an order.
Now it is my understanding that you have the right to cancel an order within 14 days.
Get on to Customer services NOT CHAT EARLY this morning again go through it all make sure a cancel is in and check the fraud team are informed too.
If you need further support get back here and we will ask @EmilieT or another community manager to help you get through it

Best of luck and do not lose heart things like this are happening unfortunately all the time. TALLTREES

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 7

Koritsu
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well this morning went better after phoning them then helpful woman actually phoned/e-mail the delievery company to cancel it and inform them it was a fraudulent order, then also barred the phone from working.

Though i'm still rather dissapointed that the live chat customer support couldn't of just cancelled this last night, plus I asked him to put a note on my account about the fraud and when i ask today on the phone appartently there was nothing there. So seemed like he just wanted to get rid of me instead of trying to help.

hopefully this is mostly fixed now and was told fraud team shoudl contact me within a few days.

Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I wonder if this couuld be one of the scams we spoke about here

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/New-Mobile-Phone-Scam-Delivery/td-p/1249063

Only with the scammer giving a different address for collection ie a fake work address?

Edited as I notice @Koritsu  has had the situation resolved hopefully.

Still an issue when  someone has access to your personal info so they can order a new phone.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

It sounds like customer services has this one covered @Koritsu but if anything changes or you need further assistance let us know. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 7

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10665 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Brilliant @Koritsu
So pleased!! I know you'll be relieved that something is being done to help you.
Keep an eye on things and best of luck
Kind of Martin-O2 community Manager to offer you further help if anything changes...
Good luck and take care TALLTREES

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 7 of 7