cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty iPhone

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am currently in the middle of a 2 year contract and my iPhone 6s Plus and it has developed a hardware issue, confirmed by Apple who have run diagnostics on it. It's out of Apple warranty, does anyone know if o2 warranty is 12 months like Apple or do they extend it to cover the contract period? The hand set was fine then there was a mast issue in our area (02 told me this was likely the cause of my problem however 4g and service is back but I can no longer make or receive calls). It's going to cost £200+ to repair/replace and I feel I'm being fobbed off. All they seem bothered about is taking more money off me to either replace or upgrade. I'm so frustrated. Can anyone advise?
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144144 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Warranty is set by the manufacturer.
If Apple won't warrant the fault O2 will be unable to.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144144 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Warranty is set by the manufacturer.
If Apple won't warrant the fault O2 will be unable to.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144144 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Here is a recent discussion on the same subject.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/IPHONE-6S-18-MONTHS-OLD-CONSUMER-RIGHTS/m-p/10567...

Currently using:
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

you need to contact apple as soon as you have had the phone 4 weeks, it falls away from o2 and falls under apple, its a pain i know, but phone your nearest apple store and make an appoitment to see the "genius" team their and they will be able to help you further and try and resolve and rectify the issues for you.. good luck with this.. 

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Consumer Law covers your for 6 years......tell them the device is covered under this so you want it sorted ASAP.

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple will charge a fee for a new refurbished device & o2 will charge an extortionist amount to repair & claim user error 

Message 6 of 7

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous

We are really sorry to hear you’ve got a faulty iPhone.

We can confirm that the iPhone comes with a 1-year warranty and if a fault occurs during the warranty period, both O2 and Apple can arrange a repair and if necessary, a replacement. But, outside of this warranty period, any repairs or replacements would be chargeable.

You can find more information here How-To-Guide: Difference between SOGA and warranty / extended warrantyAnd, if you’re unhappy, please don't hesitate to talk to the Complaints team

Sorry again and let us know if we can help you more Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 7 of 7