cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of contract imminent, how do I leave?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been completely unhappy with my contract and poor service for almost two years. Thankfully it is now coming to an end. Do I have to give any notice? 

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

No need to ring 202 unless you want to keep your number. Doing so will make you have to deal with retentions which while I can't speak for O2 as I do all my cancelling in writing now, it can still be a quite frustrating experience

There's an ever so handy guide to cancellation on these forums at http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/567198 however basically just send them a letter by recorded delivery giving notice and the job is done. If you want to keep your number get a PAC code off 202 and then give it to your new network and your O2 account will automatically cancel once your number ports over

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.

Yes you need to give 30 days notice to cancel the contract or ask for your PAC code if you want to keep your mobile number. Give this to your alternative network and when they use the code it will end your contract with 02.

Do this by ringing O2 on 202 from your phone and by sending a letter to 02 via recorded delivery.

Telefónica UK Limited
Correspondence Department

PO BOX 694

Winchester

SO23 5AP

If you do nothing it will auto drop onto a 30 day rolling contract.

Do not cancel any direct debit until any final bill has been received and paid.

If you are using a new number with a network for any reason then you could ask for your O2 mobile number to be made into a payg account.

I've asked this to be moved to the Pay Monthly and Pay as you go section. 

Message 2 of 7

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

No need to ring 202 unless you want to keep your number. Doing so will make you have to deal with retentions which while I can't speak for O2 as I do all my cancelling in writing now, it can still be a quite frustrating experience

There's an ever so handy guide to cancellation on these forums at http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/567198 however basically just send them a letter by recorded delivery giving notice and the job is done. If you want to keep your number get a PAC code off 202 and then give it to your new network and your O2 account will automatically cancel once your number ports over

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
To add Live Chat can give PAC Codes too.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Many thanks for all of your very prompt and helpful replies. Apologies for posting my message in the wrong section.

If the help from O2 had been half as good as yours, I would be staying. However, I've been paying for a phone which barely works for 2 years & carrying a P&Go phone around with me as well, just to be certain of keeping in touch with the rest of the world. What a disgraceful rip off & the 02 support has been absolutely worthless. Reading through these pages, I see many echoes of the problems which I've had.

However, no point in complaining any more, it all falls on deaf ears at 02.

Time to just smile & go!

Message 5 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Andyman63 wrote: However, I've been paying for a phone which barely works for 2 years & carrying a P&Go phone around with me as well, just to be certain of keeping in touch with the rest of the world

If your phone was faulty O2 would have got it repaired for you, it's even possible that it wasn't set up correctly.

We can often help here if you need it.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome Andyman63,

We do our best to support the official 02 Customer Services.

Take care.
Message 7 of 7