cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Swap Help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I swap a micro sim back to a normal size sim? I've made a total noob mistake, and I don't know how to fix it. My wife got a new sim free phone, and we were told it would require a micro sim. o2 sent a micro-sim, and this evening I used the o2 Sim Swap page to activate the new micro sim, but it didn't activate. The old sim stopped working, but nothing was happening with the new one. After a bit of head scratching, it turns out that her new phone takes a regular sized sim, and not a micro-sim. I should have realised when I inserted the micro sim, as I did think it looked like a normal sim slot. Anyway, I tried to reverse things using the Sim Swap page, but it won't accept the 19 digit serial number that is printed on the old sim. Is there an easy way o fix this, or have I really screwed things up?

Message 1 of 29
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
My apologies.

I would call O2 in the morning to ask if you can swap just any sim as I am not sure and ask to have the correct size sim sent to you.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
The easiest would be to pop into an O2 shop. They should be able to sort you out.
Message 2 of 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144706 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
You will have to get another full sized (mini) sim and do the sim swap again, or use an adapter to use the micro sim in the phone. The swap is taking place at the moment which is why your old sim has turned off. It's not reversible at this stage.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nearest o2 store is over 100 miles from where i live, so that's not possible.

Message 4 of 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144706 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
What phone does your wife have ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a Samsung Galaxy Mini 2

Message 6 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife has a pay monthly account, so I'm wondering if I Will be able to do the Sim Swap to a Pay As You Go sim card? There will be nowhere local that sells a sim card adapter, but I'm sure I'll be able to pick up a PAYG sim in the morning.

Message 7 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
You want to change her contract tariff to pay as you go and keep the same number, correct?

If so, how long does she have left of her contract?
Message 8 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, we're not changing anything to do with her account. She has one of those 'sim-only' pay monthly tarrifs. She's not contracted to anything.

Message 9 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
My apologies.

I would call O2 in the morning to ask if you can swap just any sim as I am not sure and ask to have the correct size sim sent to you.
Message 10 of 29