cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay & Go to Contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Tried today to get someone on O2 Chat to explain how I can use my accumulated phone credit on my PAYG phone to buy a new phone on O2 contract without success. Does anyone out there know how if it can be done?  Otherwise I'm left with a phone on contract with a credit sum that I can't use.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147977 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28374 Solutions
Any PAYG balance is applied to the contract account as a credit - as already stated above, or, you can get it knocked off the price of another PAYG handset.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you planning on keeping the same number? If so customer services would surely be able to transfer credit over.

Welcome to the community.

We generally don't recommend live chat for account based enquiries. Best to call CS on 4445 (25p)
Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 147977 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28374 Solutions
Yes, any PAYG credit can be applied to your contract account. Just take the new contract then call 202 to have the credit applied to your account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fyi customer service payg = 4445 and for contract 202
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, want to keep the same number. Just found Customer Service person tonight rather unhelpful.
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
As already stated best to phone. Live chat not recommended for account based enquiries.
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to have the price of the phone taken from the existing phone credit?  I am looking at buying phone on reduced cost with lower monthly payments.

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
@MI5 - one for you I think. I don't know the answer for certain.
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 147977 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28374 Solutions
Any PAYG balance is applied to the contract account as a credit - as already stated above, or, you can get it knocked off the price of another PAYG handset.
Message 9 of 9